Possible bug: swap file not removed on exit

  • Lorenzo Di Gregorio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2013
      Hello,

      recently (after our company's IT has run some updates) I've started seeing a strange behavior in Vim under Linux: swap files .filename.swp are created and not removed on exit. I also see E211 "file no longer available", but the file is available and in fact also regularly updated from ':wq'. Just the swap file is not removed on exit and I see no crash.

      I've removed my .vimrc but the problem persists: we have vim 7.2.245.

      I don't want to disable swap files, because the feature is useful, but I'd like to understand what makes the false E211 appear and how I can fix it: I work over NFS but could not spot any related problem (yet).

      I'd be grateful for some tips on how to debug this.

      Best Regards,
      Lorenzo