recently (after our company's IT has run some updates) I've started seeing a strange behavior in Vim under Linux: swap files .filename.swp are created and not removed on exit. I also see E211 "file no longer available", but the file is available and in fact also regularly updated from ':wq'. Just the swap file is not removed on exit and I see no crash.
I've removed my .vimrc but the problem persists: we have vim 7.2.245.
I don't want to disable swap files, because the feature is useful, but I'd like to understand what makes the false E211 appear and how I can fix it: I work over NFS but could not spot any related problem (yet).
I'd be grateful for some tips on how to debug this.
You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.