Re: NFA engine fails with SEGV on ruby file

  • Aliaksandr Rahalevich
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2013
      понедельник, 1 июля 2013 г., 1:15:35 UTC+3 пользователь Lech Lorens написал:
      > On 29-Jun-2013 Aliaksandr Rahalevich <saksmlz@...> wrote:
      >
      > > It works with
      >
      > > set regexpengine=1
      >
      > > but fails to open file with regexpengine=2.
      >

      > > It's definitely working with 1242 patchset, but fails with latest.
      >

      > I can't believe you actually did send a 3 megabyte attachment to all the
      >
      > people out there reading the list! I know it's hard to believe but there
      >
      > are zillions of people without broadband connections or with capped
      >
      > connections or connecting through their mobile phones perhaps paying
      >
      > absurd roaming fees.
      >
      > When I pressed Enter to view your message, my connection was used fully
      >
      > used for about a minute and all I got in return was a useless core file
      >
      > which you could have placed on pastebin or wherever on the internet. But
      >
      > you can't be bothered to figure this out, can you?
      >

      > I'm pretty young, I think, but these are the moments that I feel old
      >
      > just because I still remember that a 56kbps modem connection used to be
      >
      > fast.
      >

      > --
      >
      > Lech

      Sorry dude, but nobody forces you to download all the attachments. If you have slow connection - just don't download them. I uploaded core file, because didn't know what info to sumbit to be useful. Other guys already pointed me to a proper way to do that.

      Are you sure that connection was busy because of "somehow automatically" downloading attachments?