Re: NFA engine fails with SEGV on ruby file

  • Lech Lorens
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2013
      On 29-Jun-2013 Aliaksandr Rahalevich <saksmlz@...> wrote:
      > It works with
      > set regexpengine=1
      > but fails to open file with regexpengine=2.
      >
      > It's definitely working with 1242 patchset, but fails with latest.

      I can't believe you actually did send a 3 megabyte attachment to all the
      people out there reading the list! I know it's hard to believe but there
      are zillions of people without broadband connections or with capped
      connections or connecting through their mobile phones perhaps paying
      absurd roaming fees.
      When I pressed Enter to view your message, my connection was used fully
      used for about a minute and all I got in return was a useless core file
      which you could have placed on pastebin or wherever on the internet. But
      you can't be bothered to figure this out, can you?

      I'm pretty young, I think, but these are the moments that I feel old
      just because I still remember that a 56kbps modem connection used to be
      fast.

      --
      Lech

    • Aliaksandr Rahalevich
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2013
        понедельник, 1 июля 2013 г., 1:15:35 UTC+3 пользователь Lech Lorens написал:
        > On 29-Jun-2013 Aliaksandr Rahalevich <saksmlz@...> wrote:
        >
        > > It works with
        >
        > > set regexpengine=1
        >
        > > but fails to open file with regexpengine=2.
        >

        > > It's definitely working with 1242 patchset, but fails with latest.
        >

        > I can't believe you actually did send a 3 megabyte attachment to all the
        >
        > people out there reading the list! I know it's hard to believe but there
        >
        > are zillions of people without broadband connections or with capped
        >
        > connections or connecting through their mobile phones perhaps paying
        >
        > absurd roaming fees.
        >
        > When I pressed Enter to view your message, my connection was used fully
        >
        > used for about a minute and all I got in return was a useless core file
        >
        > which you could have placed on pastebin or wherever on the internet. But
        >
        > you can't be bothered to figure this out, can you?
        >

        > I'm pretty young, I think, but these are the moments that I feel old
        >
        > just because I still remember that a 56kbps modem connection used to be
        >
        > fast.
        >

        > --
        >
        > Lech

        Sorry dude, but nobody forces you to download all the attachments. If you have slow connection - just don't download them. I uploaded core file, because didn't know what info to sumbit to be useful. Other guys already pointed me to a proper way to do that.

        Are you sure that connection was busy because of "somehow automatically" downloading attachments?