Re: Patch 7.3.1249

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 27, 2013
      Ben Fritz wrote:

      > On Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:35:04 PM UTC-5, Andy Wokula wrote:
      > > Am 26.06.2013 20:04, schrieb Bram Moolenaar:
      > >
      > > > Patch 7.3.1249
      > >
      > > > Problem: Modeline not recognized when using "Vim" instead of "vim".
      > >
      > > > Solution: Also accept "Vim".
      > >
      > > > Files: src/buffer.c
      > >

      > > -1 for this change.
      > >
      > > I don't want lines starting with or containing "Vim:" to define a modeline.
      > >
      > > Several of my (text) files yell errors now.
      > >

      > Maybe Vim could examine what it thinks is a modeline first, and then
      > refuse to execute it if anything invalid is found?
      >
      > In TOhtml I had to intentionally mangle modelines using character
      > references, so that a modeline in the file to be converted didn't
      > convert to an invalid modeline that Vim proceeded to yell about.
      >
      > If Vim would just silently ignore invalid modelines that would prevent
      > such a need and also solve your problem.

      And make it very difficult to find a typo in an option name...

      Well, we could silently ignore bogus modelines unless 'verbose' is set.
      But users will need to read the help to figure that out.

      --
      FIRST GUARD: Ah! Now ... we're not allowed to ...
      SIR LAUNCELOT runs him through, grabs his spear and stabs the other