Re: Broken syntax in vim.vim

  • Ingo Karkat
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 26, 2013
      On 26-Jun-2013 19:18 +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > [44 lines deleted]
      >
      > Right. I don't know how this got there. If it really is for syntax
      > highlighting it should be in the syntax plugin, not the ftplugin.

      While I respect your decision to keep the dev process as it currently
      works for you, and while I don't want to resurrect the old discussion
      (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vim_dev/9tggyPAX7sY/Hcz0TSkZpPIJ), I
      can't stop myself from mentioning that with atomic commits of runtime
      changes (like you do for source code patches), there would be a much
      better chance of determining what this change was about. (Assuming you
      had written a suitable commit message.)

      Come on, you could just give it a try and do slightly more fine-grained
      commits of runtime updates in the future. If it's too much effort, just
      revert back to the bulky updates (occasionally).

      > In case of doubt I prefer to leave 'iskeyword' alone.

      Alright, so you're going to remove "isk+=:", but keep "isk+=#" (which is
      undisputedly beneficial) in ftplugin/vim.vim?! Thanks!

      -- regards, ingo