New TOhtml

  • Benjamin Fritz
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 24 10:51 PM
      Hi, Bram!

      I implemented two new options to control the feature introduced in my last
      update adding ID attributes to each line, since you found it difficult to
      copy-paste generated code into a larger document when the feature was always
      enabled.

      g:html_line_ids allows you to explicitly turn on or off the ids inserted on
      each line (especially useful for when line numbers wouldn't be there at
      all).

      g:html_id_expr allows you to insert custom text into the line number IDs and
      also the fold IDs so that you can combine those into a larger document
      without validation errors.

      For details, see the updates to syntax.txt included.

      I made updates based on tag 1189; I know there have been a few versions
      since then. After Vim 7.4 is released I'm thinking about moving my
      development of TOhtml to a standalone repository instead of a branch on a
      Vim clone. When I do this, how do you want me to handle the updates to
      syntax.txt? I could maintain a txt document corresponding to just the TOhtml
      section if you copy it in over the existing section, or I can regularly
      merge in the upstream changes to the entire file.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 25 1:54 PM
        Ben Fritz wrote:

        > I implemented two new options to control the feature introduced in my last
        > update adding ID attributes to each line, since you found it difficult to
        > copy-paste generated code into a larger document when the feature was always
        > enabled.
        >
        > g:html_line_ids allows you to explicitly turn on or off the ids inserted on
        > each line (especially useful for when line numbers wouldn't be there at
        > all).
        >
        > g:html_id_expr allows you to insert custom text into the line number IDs and
        > also the fold IDs so that you can combine those into a larger document
        > without validation errors.
        >
        > For details, see the updates to syntax.txt included.

        Thanks. A quick test shows it no longer add spans when line numbering
        is off.

        > I made updates based on tag 1189; I know there have been a few versions
        > since then. After Vim 7.4 is released I'm thinking about moving my
        > development of TOhtml to a standalone repository instead of a branch on a
        > Vim clone. When I do this, how do you want me to handle the updates to
        > syntax.txt? I could maintain a txt document corresponding to just the TOhtml
        > section if you copy it in over the existing section, or I can regularly
        > merge in the upstream changes to the entire file.

        Since you only change a part of syntax.txt, sending a diff of that file
        is simplest for me. For the other files sending the whole file is best.

        --
        ### Hiroshima 45, Chernobyl 86, Windows 95 ###

      • mattn
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 26 2:12 AM
          Hi, I'm using often TOHtml for my blog entry, Thanks.
          My use-case is below.

          1. TOHtml
          2. Copy html beteen <div> and </div> (inner html)
          3. Paste into my blog entry

          But in latest TOHtml added <span id="L1" class="LineNr"></span>. I don't want this part in my use-case. So could you let me know the way to get old style format?

          Regards, Thanks.

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 26 4:37 AM
            Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

            > Hi, I'm using often TOHtml for my blog entry, Thanks.
            > My use-case is below.
            >
            > 1. TOHtml
            > 2. Copy html beteen <div> and </div> (inner html)
            > 3. Paste into my blog entry
            >
            > But in latest TOHtml added <span id="L1" class="LineNr"></span>. I
            > don't want this part in my use-case. So could you let me know the way
            > to get old style format?

            I had the same problem. Fortunately I just received a new version of
            the plugin from Ben Fritz. I'll push it to Mercurial.

            --
            Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

          • mattn
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 26 5:40 AM
              Cool! It have back to me. Thanks.

            • Ben Fritz
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 26 8:02 AM
                On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:37:29 AM UTC-5, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                > Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:
                >

                > > Hi, I'm using often TOHtml for my blog entry, Thanks.
                >
                > > My use-case is below.
                >

                > > 1. TOHtml
                >
                > > 2. Copy html beteen <div> and </div> (inner html)
                >
                > > 3. Paste into my blog entry
                >

                > > But in latest TOHtml added <span id="L1" class="LineNr"></span>. I
                >
                > > don't want this part in my use-case. So could you let me know the way
                >
                > > to get old style format?
                >

                > I had the same problem. Fortunately I just received a new version of
                >
                > the plugin from Ben Fritz. I'll push it to Mercurial.

                Oops, I forgot to update the changelog comment with my final design.

                Right now in plugin/tohtml.vim, it says "Allow suppressing empty <span> created for line number anchors when line numbers are not included, using g:html_empty_anchors=0."

                This should say "Allow suppressing line number anchors using g:html_line_ids=0."

                Can you just change that comment or shall I send a new file?

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 26 9:17 AM
                  Ben Fritz wrote:

                  > > I had the same problem. Fortunately I just received a new version of
                  > >
                  > > the plugin from Ben Fritz. I'll push it to Mercurial.
                  > >

                  > Oops, I forgot to update the changelog comment with my final design.
                  >
                  > Right now in plugin/tohtml.vim, it says "Allow suppressing empty
                  > included, using g:html_empty_anchors=0."
                  >
                  > This should say "Allow suppressing line number anchors using
                  > g:html_line_ids=0."
                  >
                  > Can you just change that comment or shall I send a new file?

                  I'll change it.

                  --
                  TALL KNIGHT: We shall say Ni! again to you if you do not appease us.
                  ARTHUR: All right! What do you want?

                • Benjamin Fritz
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 8, 2015
                    This version fixes an issue reported long ago, that a diff of unnamed buffers would throw an error. It also adds the ability to use a list of fonts in g:html_font, so that you can do this:

                       " font-family: 'Consolas', monospace;
                       :let g:html_font = "Consolas"

                       " font-family: 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Consolas', monospace;
                       :let g:html_font = ["DejaVu Sans Mono", "Consolas"]

                    I finally got around to moving to BitBucket for TOhtml development. For now it's just in Mercurial, I may create a Git mirror eventually: https://bitbucket.org/fritzophrenic/vim-tohtml

                    I have pulled out the TOhtml portion of syntax.txt and placed it in tohtml.txt. Let me know if you need a diff instead.

                    Thanks to Jan Stocker for the g:html_font fix.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 9, 2015
                      Ben Fritz wrote:

                      > This version fixes an issue reported long ago, that a diff of unnamed
                      > buffers would throw an error. It also adds the ability to use a list of
                      > fonts in g:html_font, so that you can do this:
                      >
                      > " font-family: 'Consolas', monospace;
                      > :let g:html_font = "Consolas"
                      >
                      > " font-family: 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Consolas', monospace;
                      > :let g:html_font = ["DejaVu Sans Mono", "Consolas"]
                      >
                      > I finally got around to moving to BitBucket for TOhtml development. For now
                      > it's just in Mercurial, I may create a Git mirror eventually:
                      > https://bitbucket.org/fritzophrenic/vim-tohtml
                      >
                      > I have pulled out the TOhtml portion of syntax.txt and placed it in
                      > tohtml.txt. Let me know if you need a diff instead.
                      >
                      > Thanks to Jan Stocker for the g:html_font fix.

                      Thanks! I'll put it on the todo list.

                      --
                      ARTHUR: Now stand aside worthy adversary.
                      BLACK KNIGHT: (Glancing at his shoulder) 'Tis but a scratch.