tests for python failed on WIndows

  • Taro MURAOKA
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2013
      with 7.3.1237

      test86 and test87 are failed.
      It seems Windows issues: directory separator or so.

      Please check attached test results.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
        Taro Muraoka wrote:

        > with 7.3.1237
        >
        > test86 and test87 are failed.
        > It seems Windows issues: directory separator or so.
        >
        > Please check attached test results.

        E.g.:

        ['\\testdir']
        '\\testdir'

        vs:

        ['/testdir']
        '/testdir'

        We could fix this in the test, but I would very much like to use a
        forward slash whenever possible. So long as you don't use them in the
        command line, forward slashes should work fine nearly everywhere.

        I hope this does not cause problems with backwards compatibility.

        --
        FIRST HEAD: Oh! quick! get the sword out I want to cut his head off.
        THIRD HEAD: Oh, cut your own head off.

      • MURAOKA Taro
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
          I have wrote two patches to fix it.
          Please check attached:

          * fix-test86_for_windows.diff
          * fix-test87_for_windows.diff

          After applied these patches, I found there are some failures of test87 remained.
          (please see attached test87.diff for details)
          It seems caused by differences of Python3 version.
          I use 3.3.2 as Python3.

          Best

          MURAOKA Taro <koron.kaoriya@...>