Re: CursorMoved Visual Mode

  • Mike P
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
      If not, how difficult would it be to add this functionality to vim?

      On Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:15:27 PM UTC-4, Mike P wrote:
      > I'm working on a project to make vim produce speech output.
      > https://code.google.com/p/phonim/
      >

      > As part of the solution, we want to use autocommands such as CursorMoved and CursorMovedI to trigger speech. Is there an equivalent event for Visual mode?
      >

      > Thanks,
      >

      > Mike Panciera

    • Andy Wokula
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
        Am 14.06.2013 02:15, schrieb Mike Panciera:
        > I'm working on a project to make vim produce speech output.
        > https://code.google.com/p/phonim/
        >
        > As part of the solution, we want to use autocommands such as
        > CursorMoved and CursorMovedI to trigger speech. Is there an equivalent
        > event for Visual mode?

        CursorMoved is also triggered in Visual mode (and Select mode) ... what
        do you mean actually?

        --
        Andy

      • Mike P
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
          On Friday, June 14, 2013 5:05:32 PM UTC-4, Andy Wokula wrote:
          > Am 14.06.2013 02:15, schrieb Mike Panciera:
          >
          > > I'm working on a project to make vim produce speech output.
          >
          > > https://code.google.com/p/phonim/
          >

          > > As part of the solution, we want to use autocommands such as
          >
          > > CursorMoved and CursorMovedI to trigger speech. Is there an equivalent
          >
          > > event for Visual mode?
          >

          > CursorMoved is also triggered in Visual mode (and Select mode) ... what
          >
          > do you mean actually?
          >

          > --
          >
          > Andy

          Hmm I guess the documentation is misleading? The in-Vim documentation
          tells me that CursorMoved triggers "After the cursor was moved in Normal mode."
          While CursorMovedI does the same for Insert mode.