CursorMoved Visual Mode

  • Mike Panciera
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2013
      I'm working on a project to make vim produce speech output.
      https://code.google.com/p/phonim/

      As part of the solution, we want to use autocommands such as CursorMoved and CursorMovedI to trigger speech. Is there an equivalent event for Visual mode?

      Thanks,

      Mike Panciera

    • Mike P
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
        If not, how difficult would it be to add this functionality to vim?

        On Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:15:27 PM UTC-4, Mike P wrote:
        > I'm working on a project to make vim produce speech output.
        > https://code.google.com/p/phonim/
        >

        > As part of the solution, we want to use autocommands such as CursorMoved and CursorMovedI to trigger speech. Is there an equivalent event for Visual mode?
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > Mike Panciera

      • Andy Wokula
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
          Am 14.06.2013 02:15, schrieb Mike Panciera:
          > I'm working on a project to make vim produce speech output.
          > https://code.google.com/p/phonim/
          >
          > As part of the solution, we want to use autocommands such as
          > CursorMoved and CursorMovedI to trigger speech. Is there an equivalent
          > event for Visual mode?

          CursorMoved is also triggered in Visual mode (and Select mode) ... what
          do you mean actually?

          --
          Andy

        • Mike P
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
            On Friday, June 14, 2013 5:05:32 PM UTC-4, Andy Wokula wrote:
            > Am 14.06.2013 02:15, schrieb Mike Panciera:
            >
            > > I'm working on a project to make vim produce speech output.
            >
            > > https://code.google.com/p/phonim/
            >

            > > As part of the solution, we want to use autocommands such as
            >
            > > CursorMoved and CursorMovedI to trigger speech. Is there an equivalent
            >
            > > event for Visual mode?
            >

            > CursorMoved is also triggered in Visual mode (and Select mode) ... what
            >
            > do you mean actually?
            >

            > --
            >
            > Andy

            Hmm I guess the documentation is misleading? The in-Vim documentation
            tells me that CursorMoved triggers "After the cursor was moved in Normal mode."
            While CursorMovedI does the same for Insert mode.