if_pyth: what's the search path to dynamicly load a python library DLL?

  • Bohr Shaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2013
      I have added the exact python library DLL to the shell's search path($PATH). But I still get the error: "E370, Could not load the library libpython*."

      I have check the related document which says: In a console window type "path" to see what directories are used. What does this mean?

    • ZyX
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2013
        On Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:22:20 PM UTC+4, Bohr Shaw wrote:
        > I have added the exact python library DLL to the shell's search path($PATH). But I still get the error: "E370, Could not load the library libpython*."
        >
        > I have check the related document which says: In a console window type "path" to see what directories are used. What does this mean?

        Open cmd.exe window and type `path<CR>` here. In wine cmd.exe this displays

        PATH={path1};{path2};…

        (basically it will allow you to check whether your statement “I have added … to the shell's search path($PATH)” is true). How did you add item to search path?

      • Bohr Shaw
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2013
          On Friday, June 14, 2013 1:14:59 AM UTC+8, ZyX wrote:
          > On Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:22:20 PM UTC+4, Bohr Shaw wrote:
          >
          > > I have added the exact python library DLL to the shell's search path($PATH). But I still get the error: "E370, Could not load the library libpython*."
          >

          > > I have check the related document which says: In a console window type "path" to see what directories are used. What does this mean?
          >

          > Open cmd.exe window and type `path<CR>` here. In wine cmd.exe this displays
          >

          > PATH={path1};{path2};…
          >

          > (basically it will allow you to check whether your statement “I have added … to the shell's search path($PATH)” is true). How did you add item to search path?

          Oh, sorry I did not mention I compiled vim on ubuntu 12.04, with the self compiled python2.5 and python3.3. I had an option --with-python-config-dir=/home/username/Python2.7/lib/python2.7/config set before compiling. And I tried to copy the corresponding libpython2.7.a to my environment path. But still no luck.

        • Kirill Igumenshchev
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
            I installed latest vim, python 2.7.4 (instead of 2.7.5) and 3.3.1(instead of 3.3.1) everything works now