taglist.vim and pull requests

  • ashwin sathya
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
      There are several pull requests (A version update is also present)
      Who owns and maintains these scripts in the github ?

      --
      Thanks & Regards,
      R Ashwin Sathya

    • Ingo Karkat
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
        On 01-Jun-2013 18:34 +0200, ashwin sathya wrote:

        > https://github.com/vim-scripts/taglist.vim
        >

        > There are several pull requests (A version update is also present)
        > Who owns and maintains these scripts in the github ?

        The mirrors on http://vim-scripts.org/ are not necessarily monitored by
        the plugin authors, as this is an independent project; it's unfortunate
        that the issue tracker and pull requests for all plugins are open and
        inviting.

        If you follow the link in the repository's description to the original
        plugin page on vim.org, you'll see that the plugin is maintained by
        Yegappan Lakshmanan. The latest update is from 2013-02-27, so it's
        likely that the author will react to your feedback. You'll find his
        email address both on his vim.org user page and in the taglist
        documentation.

        -- regards, ingo

      • Yegappan Lakshmanan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
          Hi,

          On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM, ashwin sathya <ashwin.sathya@...> wrote:

          > https://github.com/vim-scripts/taglist.vim
          >
          > There are several pull requests (A version update is also present)
          > Who owns and maintains these scripts in the github ?

          I released version 4.6 of the taglist plugin few months ago. The Git hub
          repository has the 4.5 version. I don't know who is the owner of the
          Github vim-scripts repository. I tried updating the repository. But couldn't
          update it due to insufficient permissions.

          You can download the latest plugin from the following sites:

          http://vim-taglist.sourceforge.net/

          - Yegappan

        • Ingo Karkat
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
            On 01-Jun-2013 20:50 +0200, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

            > I released version 4.6 of the taglist plugin few months ago. The Git hub
            > repository has the 4.5 version. I don't know who is the owner of the
            > Github vim-scripts repository.

            I thinks it's more or less two guys; you can contact / open issues here:
            http://vim-scripts.org/vim/support.html
            The site seems to be in "permanent beta"; I think the scraping of the
            vim.org master still needs to be triggered manually by the owners, and
            sometimes the scraper breaks down and needs to be fixed. It's not very
            reliable, unfortunately.

            > I tried updating the repository. But couldn't update it due to
            > insufficient permissions.

            That has to be done by their scraper script.

            -- regards, ingo

          • ashwin sathya
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
              Hi,

              I have downloaded the sources from there. Thanks for the update.

              The reasoning behind my query is the fact that i am extensively using vundle to manage the plugins.

              On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegappanl@...> wrote:
              Hi,

              On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM, ashwin sathya <ashwin.sathya@...> wrote:

              > https://github.com/vim-scripts/taglist.vim
              >
              > There are several pull requests (A version update is also present)
              > Who owns and maintains these scripts in the github ?

              I released version 4.6 of the taglist plugin few months ago. The Git hub
              repository has the 4.5 version. I don't know who is the owner of the
              Github vim-scripts repository. I tried updating the repository. But couldn't
              update it due to insufficient permissions.

              You can download the latest plugin from the following sites:

              http://vim-taglist.sourceforge.net/

              - Yegappan

              Thanks & Regards,
              R Ashwin Sathya

            • Marc Weber
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
                Excerpts from ashwin sathya's message of Sat Jun 01 22:56:38 +0200 2013:
                > vundle to manage the plugins.
                Get started with vim-addon-manager and your problems are gone because
                - it honors authors upstreams
                - it fetches most recent plugins from vim.sf.net, not form a mirror.

                I still want to see vim-scripts.org to be continued because it also is a
                perfect backup of vim.sf.net

                I've also filed a bug report with some hints that they do no longer need
                a scraping script at all to run their service:
                https://github.com/vim-scraper/vim-scraper/issues/7://github.com/vim-scraper/vim-scraper/issues/78

                Marc Weber