Re: Patch 7.3.1083

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
      Audrius Kažukauskas wrote:

      > 2013 m. gegužė 31 d., penktadienis 23:15:07 UTC+3, Bram Moolenaar rašė:
      > > Patch 7.3.1083
      > >
      > > Problem: New regexp engine: Does not support \%^ and \%$.
      > >
      > > Solution: Support matching start and end of file.
      >
      > With this patch applied and using Python syntax script from http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_idy0 I get this error when opening any .py file:
      >
      > Error detected while processing /home/audrius/.vim/syntax/python.vim:
      > line 174:
      > E16: Invalid range
      >
      > With :set re=1 there's no error.

      I don't see an error when opening a Python file.
      So what is in that line of your python.vim?
      The URL you gave doesn't work. Must be this one:

      The problem appears to be: [0-9A-Za-z-_.]
      That's indeed an invalid range.
      The old regexp engine somehow accepted it anyway.
      I suppose we need to make the new regexp engine do the same.

      Thanks for reporting the problem!

      38. You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your e-mail
      on the way back to bed.

    • Audrius Kažukauskas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
        2013 m. birželis 1 d., šeštadienis 14:24:39 UTC+3, Bram Moolenaar rašė:
        > I don't see an error when opening a Python file.
        > So what is in that line of your python.vim?
        > The URL you gave doesn't work. Must be this one:

        > The problem appears to be: [0-9A-Za-z-_.]
        > That's indeed an invalid range.
        > The old regexp engine somehow accepted it anyway.
        > I suppose we need to make the new regexp engine do the same.

        Sorry about URL, Google Groups (which I posted from) must have mangled it.
        Yes, URL you've given is the right one. And I can confirm that patch 1086 fixes the problem. Thanks!