Re: Patch 7.3.1083

  • Audrius Kažukauskas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
      2013 m. gegužė 31 d., penktadienis 23:15:07 UTC+3, Bram Moolenaar rašė:
      > Patch 7.3.1083
      >
      > Problem: New regexp engine: Does not support \%^ and \%$.
      >
      > Solution: Support matching start and end of file.

      With this patch applied and using Python syntax script from http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=790 I get this error when opening any .py file:

      Error detected while processing /home/audrius/.vim/syntax/python.vim:
      line 174:
      E16: Invalid range

      With :set re=1 there's no error.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
        Audrius Kažukauskas wrote:

        > 2013 m. gegužė 31 d., penktadienis 23:15:07 UTC+3, Bram Moolenaar rašė:
        > > Patch 7.3.1083
        > >
        > > Problem: New regexp engine: Does not support \%^ and \%$.
        > >
        > > Solution: Support matching start and end of file.
        >
        > With this patch applied and using Python syntax script from http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_idy0 I get this error when opening any .py file:
        >
        > Error detected while processing /home/audrius/.vim/syntax/python.vim:
        > line 174:
        > E16: Invalid range
        >
        > With :set re=1 there's no error.

        I don't see an error when opening a Python file.
        So what is in that line of your python.vim?
        The URL you gave doesn't work. Must be this one:

        The problem appears to be: [0-9A-Za-z-_.]
        That's indeed an invalid range.
        The old regexp engine somehow accepted it anyway.
        I suppose we need to make the new regexp engine do the same.

        Thanks for reporting the problem!

        38. You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your e-mail
        on the way back to bed.

      • Audrius Kažukauskas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
          2013 m. birželis 1 d., šeštadienis 14:24:39 UTC+3, Bram Moolenaar rašė:
          > I don't see an error when opening a Python file.
          > So what is in that line of your python.vim?
          > The URL you gave doesn't work. Must be this one:

          > The problem appears to be: [0-9A-Za-z-_.]
          > That's indeed an invalid range.
          > The old regexp engine somehow accepted it anyway.
          > I suppose we need to make the new regexp engine do the same.

          Sorry about URL, Google Groups (which I posted from) must have mangled it.
          Yes, URL you've given is the right one. And I can confirm that patch 1086 fixes the problem. Thanks!