Re: New regexp engine bugs fixed

    Message 1 of 12 , May 28, 2013
      Amadeus Demarzi wrote:

      > Not sure if this has already been fixed, but I noticed that with this
      > JS Syntax file:
      >
      > https://github.com/pangloss/vim-javascript/
      >
      > That lines directly after a comment continue to appear commented until
      > there is an empty line.
      >
      > This is from the 1020 changeset merged into MacVim btw:
      > https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim , so it could've been fixed in a
      > subsequence 1021+ change set?

      I don't have an example Javascript file. Would be good to have one,
      preferably a public one.

      --
      A)bort, R)etry, P)lease don't bother me again

    • Hiroshi Shirosaki
      Message 2 of 12 , May 28, 2013
        Hello,

        I noticed a syntax highlighting issue with filetype=html.

        test.html contains the following one line.

        <script ><![CDATA[]]>

        When opening test.html, "[CDATA[]]" is highlighted as error with set re=0.

        But "[CDATA[]]" is not highlighted as error with set re=1.

        It seems due to new regexp engine.

        Tested with Vim 7.3.1036 on Ubuntu Linux.

      • Amadeus Demarzi
        Message 3 of 12 , May 28, 2013
          This is far from a complete JS example file, but it does trigger the bug I mentioned in the afore-linked repo:

          https://gist.github.com/amadeus/5667508

          On Monday, May 27, 2013 10:59:51 AM UTC+1, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > I have fixed all the reported bugs in the NFA regexp engine.
          >
          > All the syntax highlighted files that I have received show exactly the
          >
          > same highlighting with the old and the new engine.
          >

          > If you still encounter a problem, please report it. You can verify with
          >
          > both engines using the 'regexpengine' option. For syntax highlighting you
          >
          > probably need to restart Vim since the compiled regexp is cached.
          >
          > If you can reproduce it with a simple pattern search that would be best.
          >
          > Prepend "\%#=1" or "\%#=2" to the pattern to select the regexp engine.
          >

          > I could also still use more syntax-highlighted test files. Especially
          >
          > for obscure languages.
          >

          > I am now going to work on performance. XML is still very slow, some of
          >
          > the patterns there are not supported by the new engine yet. That's not
          >
          > so easy to fix.
          >

          > --
          >
          > If someone questions your market projections, simply point out that your
          >
          > target market is "People who are nuts" and "People who will buy any damn
          >
          > thing". Nobody is going to tell you there aren't enough of those people
          >
          > to go around.
          >
          > (Scott Adams - The Dilbert principle)

        • mattn
          Message 4 of 12 , May 28, 2013
            I can't reproduce it in 7.3.1036

            http://go-gyazo.appspot.com/f5d64c5ab3601051.png

            Message 5 of 12 , May 29, 2013
              Hiroshi Shirosaki wrote:

              > I noticed a syntax highlighting issue with filetype=html.
              >
              > test.html contains the following one line.
              >
              > <script ><![CDATA[]]>
              >

              > When opening test.html, "[CDATA[]]" is highlighted as error with set re=0.
              >
              > But "[CDATA[]]" is not highlighted as error with set re=1.
              >
              > It seems due to new regexp engine.
              >
              > Tested with Vim 7.3.1036 on Ubuntu Linux.

              Thanks for reporting this problem.

              I didn't have a HTML file in my syntax file collection yet. I added one
              from Vim docs (not very diverse though). I added your line and can see
              the difference. I'll find out how to fix it.

              13. You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.

              Message 6 of 12 , May 29, 2013
                Amadeus Demarzi wrote:

                > This is far from a complete JS example file, but it does trigger the
                > bug I mentioned in the afore-linked repo:
                >
                > https://gist.github.com/amadeus/5667508

                I don't see a problem with this file. The problem you refer to is that
                comments continue in the next line, right?

                14. You start introducing yourself as "Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot au"

              • Amadeus Demarzi
                Message 7 of 12 , May 29, 2013
                  It's very possible this issue was fixed.

                  But to confirm, yes, it was as if single line comments continued onto the next line until there was an empty line.

                  Since I mostly just work in MacVim, I'll have to wait until these new changes get merged in to confirm it's fixed.

                  Thanks!

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 29, 2013
                    On Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:42:26 AM UTC+9, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                    > Hiroshi Shirosaki wrote:
                    > > I noticed a syntax highlighting issue with filetype=html.
                    > > test.html contains the following one line.
                    > > <script ><![CDATA[]]>
                    > >
                    > > When opening test.html, "[CDATA[]]" is highlighted as error with set re=0.
                    > >
                    > > But "[CDATA[]]" is not highlighted as error with set re=1.
                    >
                    > I didn't have a HTML file in my syntax file collection yet. I added one
                    >
                    > from Vim docs (not very diverse though). I added your line and can see
                    >
                    > the difference. I'll find out how to fix it.

                    It seems related to regexp '\_[^>]*'. Emitting end-of-line pattern would be wrong with negated collection.
                    I attached a patch for this.

                    Thank you.

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 30, 2013
                      Hiroshi Shirosaki wrote:

                      > > > I noticed a syntax highlighting issue with filetype=html.
                      > > > test.html contains the following one line.
                      > > > <script ><![CDATA[]]>
                      > > >
                      > > > When opening test.html, "[CDATA[]]" is highlighted as error with set re=0.
                      > > >
                      > > > But "[CDATA[]]" is not highlighted as error with set re=1.
                      > >
                      > > I didn't have a HTML file in my syntax file collection yet. I added one
                      > >
                      > > from Vim docs (not very diverse though). I added your line and can see
                      > >
                      > > the difference. I'll find out how to fix it.
                      > >

                      > It seems related to regexp '\_[^>]*'. Emitting end-of-line pattern
                      > would be wrong with negated collection.
                      > I attached a patch for this.

                      With a test, wonderful.

                      --
                      If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains
                      start working.

                    • Amadeus Demarzi
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 31, 2013
                        I was able to test the a version of Vim with the latest patches, consider my JS comment error fixed!

                        Cheers