Please replace VsVim, integrate with Visual Studio !!!

  • franckspike
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2013
      VsVim is an incomplete vim like editor with no support for scripts and
      the whole Vim runtime I spent years to work on.

      PLEASE INTEGRATE WITHIN VISUAL STUDIO !!!

      And profit from the auto-completion, refactoring, intellisense and all
      of the visual studio goodies.

      I'm bored not having context sensitive intellisense and auto-
      completion and also having no refactoring.

      I'm switching to VsVim because of this.

    • Chiel92
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2013
        On Monday, May 27, 2013 7:50:58 PM UTC+2, franckspike wrote:
        > VsVim is an incomplete vim like editor with no support for scripts and
        >
        > the whole Vim runtime I spent years to work on.
        >

        > PLEASE INTEGRATE WITHIN VISUAL STUDIO !!!
        >

        > And profit from the auto-completion, refactoring, intellisense and all
        >
        > of the visual studio goodies.
        >

        > I'm bored not having context sensitive intellisense and auto-
        >
        > completion and also having no refactoring.
        >

        > I'm switching to VsVim because of this.

        I don't disagree with you at all, but I would like to point you at a project that tries to bring these features to vim. It is not very stable yet, but looks promising. Maybe something that suits your needs.

        https://github.com/nosami/Omnisharp

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 3 , May 29, 2013
          On Monday, May 27, 2013 12:50:58 PM UTC-5, franckspike wrote:
          > VsVim is an incomplete vim like editor with no support for scripts and
          >
          > the whole Vim runtime I spent years to work on.
          >

          > PLEASE INTEGRATE WITHIN VISUAL STUDIO !!!
          >

          > And profit from the auto-completion, refactoring, intellisense and all
          >
          > of the visual studio goodies.
          >

          > I'm bored not having context sensitive intellisense and auto-
          >
          > completion and also having no refactoring.
          >

          > I'm switching to VsVim because of this.

          A good starting point might be the visual_studio.vim plugin¹, which unfortunately has not seen any updates in years², so it doesn't always work cleanly, and doesn't offer any of the specific features you suggest.

          But 7.4 is busy improving python support, maybe improving the plugin will get easier.

          I don't know whether Visual Studio has any of the bindings that would be required for the features you want.

          ¹http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=864
          ²http://code.google.com/p/vim-visual-studio/source/list