Re: Patch 7.3.1021

  • John Little
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2013
      This patch gives me a compile warning from gcc -Wshadow:

      regexp_nfa.c: In function ‘nfa_regmatch’:
      regexp_nfa.c:3363:11: warning: declaration of ‘j’ shadows a previous local [-Wshadow]
      regexp_nfa.c:3002:10: warning: shadowed declaration is here [-Wshadow]

      int j is used in other cases of the switch, I'd say either it should be declared in each case or the one in case NFA_COMPOSING removed.

      Regards, John Little

      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2013
        John Little wrote:

        > This patch gives me a compile warning from gcc -Wshadow:
        >
        > regexp_nfa.c: In function ‘nfa_regmatch’:
        > regexp_nfa.c:3363:11: warning: declaration of ‘j’ shadows a previous local [-Wshadow]
        > regexp_nfa.c:3002:10: warning: shadowed declaration is here [-Wshadow]
        >
        > int j is used in other cases of the switch, I'd say either it should
        > be declared in each case or the one in case NFA_COMPOSING removed.

        Thanks for reporting. Let's make this local to the scope where it's
        used.

        --
        A radioactive cat has eighteen half-lives.