Re: Building Vim in windows with python perl support

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2013

      On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM, ashwin sathya <ashwin.sathya@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      Is there any wiki doc where i can find instructions on building vim with latest patches (not using Cygwin, using the make_mvc.mak, Visual Studio) with support for Python (2, 3) and Perl ?

      I wrote a batch file to do my compiling for me.

      The issues I have run into is different versions of Perl don't necessarily work.  I think I have read others having similar problems, though, this may have been resolved.

      I have attached what I have, rename it to .cmd.

      You can see the various environment variables I set at the top, you should just need to update those.

      This builds with Python 3.3.0 and Perl 5.10.1 and VS 2010.

      HTH,
      David

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2013
        On Mi, 22 Mai 2013, ashwin sathya wrote:

        > Is there any wiki doc where i can find instructions on building vim with
        > latest patches (not using Cygwin, using the make_mvc.mak, Visual Studio)
        > with support for Python (2, 3) and Perl ?

        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Vim_in_Windows_with_Visual_Studio

        BTW: If you find errors, then you can fix them right away ;)

        regards,
        Christian
        --
        Kurz vor dem Abreisen sowie kurz nach dem Ankommen verschönert sich
        uns unser Wohnort.

      • ashwin sathya
        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2013
          Thanks for the help David and Christian.

          I used the wikia page and made some little changes.
          Have uploaded the built executables in github.

          https://github.com/ashwinsa/Vimrc

          For general public's usage.

          Thanks again.

          On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:

          On Mi, 22 Mai 2013, ashwin sathya wrote:

          > Is there any wiki doc where i can find instructions on building vim with
          > latest patches (not using Cygwin, using the make_mvc.mak, Visual Studio)
          > with support for Python (2, 3) and Perl ?

          http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Vim_in_Windows_with_Visual_Studio

          BTW: If you find errors, then you can fix them right away ;)

          regards,
          Christian
          --
          Kurz vor dem Abreisen sowie kurz nach dem Ankommen verschönert sich
          uns unser Wohnort.
                          -- Jean Paul

          Thanks & Regards,
          R Ashwin Sathya