Re: Issue 134 in vim: Pasting over visually selected line of new buffer not correctly undoable

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2013
      On Mi, 22 Mai 2013, vim@... wrote:

      > Owner: ----
      > Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
      >
      > New issue 134 by hkpt...@...: Pasting over visually selected
      > line of new buffer not correctly undoable
      > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=134
      >
      > Steps to reproduce:
      > 1. vim -u NONE -N
      > 2. ifoo<ESC>yy
      > 3. :ene!
      > 4. Vp
      > 5. u
      > 6. :set modified?
      >
      > Expected:
      > The buffer should be empty after undoing the paste over the visually
      > selected line.
      >
      > Instead:
      > The buffer retains the last line of what was pasted, even though the
      > modified state is set to nomodified. No further undo is possible.
      >
      > Version/OS tested:
      > 1. VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3, 1-905, NetBSD
      > 2. VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3, 1-762, Cygwin
      > 3. VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3, 1-46, MS-Windows 32-bit GUI

      This seems to be an issue with saving enough lines for undo. This
      usually happens before putting by calling op_delete(). Unfortunately,
      undo isn't stored for new empty buffers. In theory, op_put should also
      store undo information, however it seems to me, that it never ever
      stores any information for line wise putting (since the computed size of
      the range in u_savecommon() will always be zero). However, the attached
      patch fixes it (at least for the case of putting into an empty buffer).

      regards,
      Christian
      --
      Es lohnt sich nicht, sich an einen Strohhut zu klammern.
      -- Heinz Erhardt

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2013
        Updates:

        Comment #1 on issue 134 by brammool...@...: Pasting over visually
        selected line of new buffer not correctly undoable

        Fixed by patch 7.3.1270

        issue notifications to this address.