Building Vim in windows with python perl support

  • ashwin sathya
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2013
      Hi,

      Is there any wiki doc where i can find instructions on building vim with latest patches (not using Cygwin, using the make_mvc.mak, Visual Studio) with support for Python (2, 3) and Perl ?

      --
      Thanks & Regards,
      R Ashwin Sathya

    • David Fishburn
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2013

        On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM, ashwin sathya <ashwin.sathya@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        Is there any wiki doc where i can find instructions on building vim with latest patches (not using Cygwin, using the make_mvc.mak, Visual Studio) with support for Python (2, 3) and Perl ?

        I wrote a batch file to do my compiling for me.

        The issues I have run into is different versions of Perl don't necessarily work.  I think I have read others having similar problems, though, this may have been resolved.

        I have attached what I have, rename it to .cmd.

        You can see the various environment variables I set at the top, you should just need to update those.

        This builds with Python 3.3.0 and Perl 5.10.1 and VS 2010.

        HTH,
        David

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 4 , May 22, 2013
          On Mi, 22 Mai 2013, ashwin sathya wrote:

          > Is there any wiki doc where i can find instructions on building vim with
          > latest patches (not using Cygwin, using the make_mvc.mak, Visual Studio)
          > with support for Python (2, 3) and Perl ?

          http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Vim_in_Windows_with_Visual_Studio

          BTW: If you find errors, then you can fix them right away ;)

          regards,
          Christian
          --
          Kurz vor dem Abreisen sowie kurz nach dem Ankommen verschönert sich
          uns unser Wohnort.

        • ashwin sathya
          Message 4 of 4 , May 23, 2013
            Thanks for the help David and Christian.

            I used the wikia page and made some little changes.
            Have uploaded the built executables in github.

            https://github.com/ashwinsa/Vimrc

            For general public's usage.

            Thanks again.