Re: regexp_nfa should be specify end of stack.

  • mattn
    Message 1 of 8 , May 20, 2013
      On Monday, May 20, 2013 11:38:35 PM UTC+9, mattn wrote:
      > https://gist.github.com/mattn/5612637

      Ah, sorry. I had pushed "Post" button.
      But subtitle says all.

    • Ken Takata
      Message 2 of 8 , May 20, 2013
        Hi,

        2013/05/20 Mon 23:39:13 UTC+9 mattn wrote:
        > On Monday, May 20, 2013 11:38:35 PM UTC+9, mattn wrote:
        > > https://gist.github.com/mattn/5612637
        >
        > Ah, sorry. I had pushed "Post" button.
        > But subtitle says all.

        I also found some problems in regexp_nfa:

        1. Character classes such as [[:cntrl:]] or [[:alpha:]] may match
        multibyte character unexpectedly.
        2. Debug log (postfix notation) may contain garbage outputs.

        Attached patch fixes them.

        Thanks,
        Ken Takata

        Message 3 of 8 , May 20, 2013
          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > https://gist.github.com/mattn/5612637

          Thanks. There are more allocation and size problems...

          --
          ARTHUR: If you do not open these doors, we will take this castle by force ...
          [A bucket of slops land on ARTHUR. He tries to retain his dignity.]

          Message 4 of 8 , May 20, 2013
            Ken Takata wrote:

            > 2013/05/20 Mon 23:39:13 UTC+9 mattn wrote:
            > > On Monday, May 20, 2013 11:38:35 PM UTC+9, mattn wrote:
            > > > https://gist.github.com/mattn/5612637
            > >
            > > Ah, sorry. I had pushed "Post" button.
            > > But subtitle says all.
            >
            > I also found some problems in regexp_nfa:
            >
            > 1. Character classes such as [[:cntrl:]] or [[:alpha:]] may match
            > multibyte character unexpectedly.
            > 2. Debug log (postfix notation) may contain garbage outputs.
            >
            > Attached patch fixes them.

            Thanks! My syntax file tests clearly don't have enough variety to catch
            all bugs.

            --
            LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (The Times of London)

            Dear Sir,

            I am firmly opposed to the spread of microchips either to the home or
            to the office.  We have more than enough of them foisted upon us in
            public places.  They are a disgusting Americanism, and can only result
            in the farmers being forced to grow smaller potatoes, which in turn
            will cause massive unemployment in the already severely depressed
            agricultural industry.

            Yours faithfully,
                    Capt. Quinton D'Arcy, J. P.
                    Sevenoaks

          • Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO
            Message 5 of 8 , May 20, 2013
              Thanks. BTW) I was thinking that vim's regexp engine can't handle CJK
              class names like [[::katakana::]] and it's nessecary for CJK people.
              Some regexp engine support CJK class names.
              How about to add this?

              On 5/21/13, Ken Takata <kentkt@...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > 2013/05/20 Mon 23:39:13 UTC+9 mattn wrote:
              >> On Monday, May 20, 2013 11:38:35 PM UTC+9, mattn wrote:
              >> > https://gist.github.com/mattn/5612637
              >>
              >> Ah, sorry. I had pushed "Post" button.
              >> But subtitle says all.
              >
              > I also found some problems in regexp_nfa:
              >
              > 1. Character classes such as [[:cntrl:]] or [[:alpha:]] may match
              > multibyte character unexpectedly.
              > 2. Debug log (postfix notation) may contain garbage outputs.
              >
              > Attached patch fixes them.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Ken Takata
              >
              > --
              > --
              >
              > ---

              - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

            • mattn
              Message 6 of 8 , May 20, 2013
                Sorry, It'ts not class name. it's property.

                \p{Katakana}

                Message 7 of 8 , May 21, 2013
                  Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

                  > Thanks. BTW) I was thinking that vim's regexp engine can't handle CJK
                  > class names like [[::katakana::]] and it's nessecary for CJK people.
                  > Some regexp engine support CJK class names.
                  > How about to add this?

                  Let's fix bugs before adding new features. There are too many bugs
                  right now.

                  --
                  To keep milk from turning sour: Keep it in the cow.