Re: Patch to add the bufferlist() function

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2013
      Hi,

      On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

      > Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
      >
      >> The attached patch introduces a new bufferlist() function which
      >> returns a List of buffers. Each list item is a dictionary containing
      >> the buffer attributes. This function will be useful for plugin
      >> developers. The patch is
      >> against 7.3.905.
      >>
      >> We can extend this function in the future to return more information about
      >> the buffers.
      >
      > Thanks, I'll add it in the todo list.

      I have added two more functions: winlist() and tabpagelist(). The updated
      diff is attached.

      - Yegappan

    • Yegappan Lakshmanan
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2013
        Hi all,

        >>> The attached patch introduces a new bufferlist() function which
        >>> returns a List of buffers. Each list item is a dictionary containing
        >>> the buffer attributes. This function will be useful for plugin
        >>> developers. The patch is
        >>> against 7.3.905.
        >>>
        >>> We can extend this function in the future to return more information about
        >>> the buffers.
        >>
        >> Thanks, I'll add it in the todo list.
        >>
        > I have added two more functions: winlist() and tabpagelist(). The updated
        > diff is attached.

        I have added the buffer/window/tabpage local variables to the returned list.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 28, 2013
          Hi,

          On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Yegappan Lakshmanan
          <yegappanl@...> wrote:
          > Hi all,

          >>> Thanks, I'll add it in the todo list.
          >>>
          >> I have added two more functions: winlist() and tabpagelist(). The updated
          >> diff is attached.
          >>

          > I have added the buffer/window/tabpage local variables to the returned list.
          > The updated diff is attached.

          I have updated the functions to also return buffer/window/tabpage options.
          The functions are renamed to bufinfo(), wininfo() and tabpageinfo().
          The functions
          can also be used to query information about a single buffer/window/tabpage.

          - Yegappan

        • Yegappan Lakshmanan
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10 10:08 PM
            Hi all,

            This patch implements the getbufinfo(), gettabinfo() and getwininfo()
            functions. I have updated the patch to the latest Vim and also added
            a test.

            - Yegappan