Re: [patch] fixed test86 which fails when locale is fr_FR.UTF8

  • Dominique PellĂ©
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2013
      ZyX <zyx.vim@...> wrote:

      > Thanks. Same change should be added to test87.

      "make test" succeeded for all test except test86.
      So it was fine already. But perhaps it succeeded
      because recent messages are not translated yet.
      I'll look at it this coming weekend.

      Dominique

      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2013
        Dominique wrote:

        > ZyX <zyx.vim@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Thanks. Same change should be added to test87.
        >
        > "make test" succeeded for all test except test86.
        > So it was fine already. But perhaps it succeeded
        > because recent messages are not translated yet.
        > I'll look at it this coming weekend.

        test 87 may also pass because your build doesn't have Python 3.

        --
        Q: What do you call a fish without an eye?
        A: fsh!

        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2013
          Dominique Pelle wrote:

          > test86 fails in Vim-7.3.959 when using the locale is
          > fr_FR.UTF8 (and possibly other locale).
          >
          > It fails because some messages are translated and
          > test expects to find messages in English:

          [...]

          > Attached patch fixes it by setting language to C, as it is
          > done for several other tests already.
          >
          > The patch also removes an empty line. This is needed
          > to keep the line numbers unchanged after adding the
          > line :lang C otherwise the test fails.

          Thanks!
          I'll also do this in test 87.

          --