Re: shift-Tab key on iOS and UTF8

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2013
      On 13/05/13 08:13, Zulox4 wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I found that shift-Tab (K_SH_TAB) is a K_SPECIAL key (3 bytes), like Back-space, that has code 08H.
      > At the end, in normal.c the K_SPECIAL keys are compared with:
      > #define K_S_TAB TERMCAP2KEY('k', 'B') ===> -17003 value => 128,107,98 bytes
      > #define K_BS TERMCAP2KEY('k', 'b') ===> -25195 value => 128,107,66 bytes
      >
      > What is the code of Shift-Tab after call of inchar function in getchar.c ?
      > here :
      [...]

      I think you're on a wild goose chase.

      To make F5 act like Tab and Shift-F5 act like Shift-Tab (in all modes),
      you would just write the following (with < > signs and all) somewhere in
      your vimrc, and nothing more would be necessary:

      map <F5> <Tab>
      map <S-F5> <S-Tab>
      map! <F5> <Tab>
      map! <S-F5> <S-Tab>

      You want to use Ctrl-I and Ctrl-Shift-I rather than F5 and Shift-F5. Now
      Ctrl-I already acts like Tab out of the box because Vim cannot tell them
      apart (and for the same reason, Ctrl-M acts like <Enter> and Ctrl-[ acts
      like <Esc>). So far so good. The problem is with Ctrl-Shift-I. Vim
      cannot tell Ctrl-I and Ctrl-Shift-I apart from each other (even if some
      other program can), therefore you cannot make them do different things
      in Vim. This is documented: see ":help CTRL-{char}" (without the quotes,
      and typed just like this, ending in bra see eich aye ahr ket).

      SOLDIER: Where did you get the coconuts?
      ARTHUR: Through ... We found them.
      SOLDIER: Found them? In Mercea. The coconut's tropical!
      PICTURES LTD

    • Zulox4
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2013
        On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:21:41 PM UTC+2, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
        > On 13/05/13 08:13, Zulox4 wrote:
        >
        > > Hello,
        >

        > > I found that shift-Tab (K_SH_TAB) is a K_SPECIAL key (3 bytes), like Back-space, that has code 08H.
        >
        > > At the end, in normal.c the K_SPECIAL keys are compared with:
        >
        > > #define K_S_TAB TERMCAP2KEY('k', 'B') ===> -17003 value => 128,107,98 bytes
        >
        > > #define K_BS TERMCAP2KEY('k', 'b') ===> -25195 value => 128,107,66 bytes
        >

        > > What is the code of Shift-Tab after call of inchar function in getchar.c ?
        >
        > > here :
        >
        > [...]
        >

        > I think you're on a wild goose chase.
        >

        > To make F5 act like Tab and Shift-F5 act like Shift-Tab (in all modes),
        >
        > you would just write the following (with < > signs and all) somewhere in
        >
        > your vimrc, and nothing more would be necessary:
        >

        > map <F5> <Tab>
        >
        > map <S-F5> <S-Tab>
        >
        > map! <F5> <Tab>
        >
        > map! <S-F5> <S-Tab>
        >

        > You want to use Ctrl-I and Ctrl-Shift-I rather than F5 and Shift-F5. Now
        >
        > Ctrl-I already acts like Tab out of the box because Vim cannot tell them
        >
        > apart (and for the same reason, Ctrl-M acts like <Enter> and Ctrl-[ acts
        >
        > like <Esc>). So far so good. The problem is with Ctrl-Shift-I. Vim
        >
        > cannot tell Ctrl-I and Ctrl-Shift-I apart from each other (even if some
        >
        > other program can), therefore you cannot make them do different things
        >
        > in Vim. This is documented: see ":help CTRL-{char}" (without the quotes,
        >
        > and typed just like this, ending in bra see eich aye ahr ket).
        >

        > Best regards,
        >
        > Tony.
        >
        > --
        >
        > SOLDIER: Where did you get the coconuts?
        >
        > ARTHUR: Through ... We found them.
        >
        > SOLDIER: Found them? In Mercea. The coconut's tropical!
        >
        > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY)
        >
        > PICTURES LTD

        You have right, I tried to map the F5 key to Shift-Tab combination, but when using for completion the "normal" word with the keystrokes

        :no<F5>

        i have

        :no<S-Tab>

        The expected output should be