Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • Ken Takata
    Message 1 of 57 , May 13, 2013
      Hi,

      2013/05/11 Sat 5:25:21 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Ken Takata wrote:

      > > > vim72-re ?
      > >
      > > I have updated Andrei's patch for 7.3.929.
      > > https://bitbucket.org/k_takata/vim-soc2008-regexp-mq/src/438636dfa7c6faa41b5f1281c7a931f6938c64df/vim-soc2008-regexp.diff?at=default
      > >
      > > I also fixed the following:
      > > * Couldn't compile with VC10.
      > > * Update makefiles for Windows. (Make_cyg.mak, Make_ming.mak and Make_mvc.mak)
      > > * Some typos.
      > > * Indents.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > > Maybe we need more work and testing...
      >
      > Definitely. My plan is to collect a large number of files for supported
      > syntax. Then compare the highlighting with the old and the new engine.
      > I expect this the toughest way to verify regexp patterns work properly.
      >
      > Another thing to do is checking performance. Andrei already noticed
      > that the new engine can be twice as slow as the old one. We either need
      > to make it faster or use the old engine where it is faster.

      I have updated the regexp patch:
      https://bitbucket.org/k_takata/vim-soc2008-regexp-mq/src/0ba4d0226d1d83cb30b7b2474d06c69b324e9692/vim-soc2008-regexp.diff?at=default

      Two items are fixed:
      * Fix compile error with VC10 when DEBUG is defined.
      * Fix indents.

      The latest patch will be available at:
      https://bitbucket.org/k_takata/vim-soc2008-regexp-mq/src/tip/vim-soc2008-regexp.diff?at=default
      ("tip" is used as a commit ID.)

      I tested whether this new engine supports multibyte or not.
      I tried with enc=utf-8 and enc=cp932. It seems to work.

      Thanks,
      Ken Takata

      Message 57 of 57 , May 23, 2013
        Thomas Köhler wrote:

        > Hello Bram, hello Ron,
        >
        > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Hello Vim users,
        > [...]
        > > Besides that, if you are maintaining runtime files, please send me any
        > > pending updates. I will not make big changes just before the release,
        > > everything needs some time for testing. Let's set a deadline at the end
        > > of May.
        >
        > Attached, you can find a new version of prolog.vim (syntax
        > highlightning for prolog) and koehler.vim (my colorscheme). The
        > former fixes a bug in prologClauseHead higlightning, the later
        > now supports the Underline and Ignore groups.

        Thanks, I'll include them.

        --
        DENNIS: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
        watery tart threw a sword at you!