Re: Pluggable eventloop, was Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • James McCoy
    Message 1 of 57 , May 12, 2013
      On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 02:40:20AM +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > On 12/05/13 21:28, Jan Pobrislo wrote:
      > >Glib inside gvim, since gtk+ uses glib internally. More precisely glib is
      > >that part of gtk+ that does not deal with gui, so there's no gvim without
      > >glib. (Unless there's implementation of gvim not based on gtk which I'm
      > >unaware of).
      >
      > My understanding was that glib is the C library included with gcc,

      Maybe you're thinking of glibc, but that's not part of gcc either. glib
      is as Jan describes it -- https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/.

      > As such, glib is not included with MS Visual C
      > which is one of the most popular C compilers used (including by
      > Bram) when compiling Vim for Windows.

      Quoting from the above link:

      GLib is a general-purpose utility library, which provides many useful
      data types, macros, type conversions, string utilities, file
      utilities, a mainloop abstraction, and so on. It works on many
      UNIX-like platforms, as well as Windows and OS X. GLib is released
      under the GNU Library General Public License (GNU LGPL).

      Cheers,
      --
      James
      GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@...>
      Message 57 of 57 , May 23, 2013
        Thomas Köhler wrote:

        > Hello Bram, hello Ron,
        >
        > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Hello Vim users,
        > [...]
        > > Besides that, if you are maintaining runtime files, please send me any
        > > pending updates. I will not make big changes just before the release,
        > > everything needs some time for testing. Let's set a deadline at the end
        > > of May.
        >
        > Attached, you can find a new version of prolog.vim (syntax
        > highlightning for prolog) and koehler.vim (my colorscheme). The
        > former fixes a bug in prologClauseHead higlightning, the later
        > now supports the Underline and Ignore groups.

        Thanks, I'll include them.

        --
        DENNIS: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
        watery tart threw a sword at you!