Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

    Message 1 of 57 , May 10, 2013
      Ken Takata wrote:

      > > > Andrei (the student who worked on this) does mention multi-byte. He
      > > > says it slows down the execution, thus the multi-byte support should be
      > > > there. We need to find the latest version of the code.
      > >
      > > vim72-re ?
      >
      > I have updated Andrei's patch for 7.3.929.
      > https://bitbucket.org/k_takata/vim-soc2008-regexp-mq/src/438636dfa7c6faa41b5f1281c7a931f6938c64df/vim-soc2008-regexp.diff?at=default
      >
      > I also fixed the following:
      > * Couldn't compile with VC10.
      > * Update makefiles for Windows. (Make_cyg.mak, Make_ming.mak and Make_mvc.mak)
      > * Some typos.
      > * Indents.

      Thanks!

      > Maybe we need more work and testing...

      Definitely. My plan is to collect a large number of files for supported
      syntax. Then compare the highlighting with the old and the new engine.
      I expect this the toughest way to verify regexp patterns work properly.

      Another thing to do is checking performance. Andrei already noticed
      that the new engine can be twice as slow as the old one. We either need
      to make it faster or use the old engine where it is faster.

      --
      FATHER: Did you kill all those guards?
      LAUNCELOT: Yes ... I'm very sorry ...

      Message 57 of 57 , May 23, 2013
        Thomas Köhler wrote:

        > Hello Bram, hello Ron,
        >
        > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Hello Vim users,
        > [...]
        > > Besides that, if you are maintaining runtime files, please send me any
        > > pending updates. I will not make big changes just before the release,
        > > everything needs some time for testing. Let's set a deadline at the end
        > > of May.
        >
        > Attached, you can find a new version of prolog.vim (syntax
        > highlightning for prolog) and koehler.vim (my colorscheme). The
        > former fixes a bug in prologClauseHead higlightning, the later
        > now supports the Underline and Ignore groups.

        Thanks, I'll include them.

        --
        DENNIS: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
        watery tart threw a sword at you!