Syntax file for protocol buffers.

  • Feng Xiao
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2013
      Hi vim-dev,

      Attached is the syntax highlighting file for Google Protocol Buffers.
      Please help include it in vim runtime.

      Thanks,
      Feng

      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2013
        Feng Xiao wrote:

        > Attached is the syntax highlighting file for Google Protocol Buffers.
        > Please help include it in vim runtime.

        Thanks!

        It has a bit of a scary copyright notice. Is that really needed?
        We need to at least check if it is compatible with the Vim license.
        Otherwise redistribution might have be problematic.
        Perhaps you can ask Daniel.

        --
        Not too long ago, cut and paste was done with scissors and glue...

      • Feng Xiao
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2013

          On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

          Feng Xiao wrote:

          > Attached is the syntax highlighting file for Google Protocol Buffers.
          > Please help include it in vim runtime.

          Thanks!

          It has a bit of a scary copyright notice.  Is that really needed?
          I'm not familiar with the license stuff. AFAICT, such kind of a license is required for Google opensource code.

          We need to at least check if it is compatible with the Vim license.
          Otherwise redistribution might have be problematic.
          Perhaps you can ask Daniel.
          Do you have his email address?

          Thanks,
          Feng

          --
          Not too long ago, cut and paste was done with scissors and glue...

           /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
          ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
          \\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
           \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///