Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

    Message 1 of 57 , May 9 11:55 AM
      Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > On Do, 09 Mai 2013, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >

      > > Hello Vim users,
      > >
      > > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
      > > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
      > > Vim 7.4!
      > >
      > > The top five of the voting list:
      > > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
      > >
      > > 1. add IDE features
      > > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
      > > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
      > > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
      > > 5. add collaborative editing
      > >
      > > I can't possibly do all of that in a few weeks, but this is what I can do:
      > >
      > > 1. Include the Python patches that ZyX has created. This improves the
      > > Vim API from the Python interface.
      > > 2. Include the fast regexp engine patch that has been floating around
      > > for a long time. With some clever logic to fall back to the old
      > > regexp engine for patterns that might not work with the new one.
      > > 3. Include lots of pending patches for bug fixes.
      >
      > I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

      Sorry, that is not a bug fix patch.

      I'm sure everybody has their favorite patch that he would like to see
      included. And eventually they might get included, but for 7.4 I have to
      set priorities to get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

      --
      Back up my hard drive? I can't find the reverse switch!

      Message 57 of 57 , May 23 12:53 PM
        Thomas Köhler wrote:

        > Hello Bram, hello Ron,
        >
        > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Hello Vim users,
        > [...]
        > > Besides that, if you are maintaining runtime files, please send me any
        > > pending updates. I will not make big changes just before the release,
        > > everything needs some time for testing. Let's set a deadline at the end
        > > of May.
        >
        > Attached, you can find a new version of prolog.vim (syntax
        > highlightning for prolog) and koehler.vim (my colorscheme). The
        > former fixes a bug in prologClauseHead higlightning, the later
        > now supports the Underline and Ignore groups.

        Thanks, I'll include them.

        --
        DENNIS: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
        watery tart threw a sword at you!