Plans for Vim 7.4

    Message 1 of 57 , May 8, 2013
      Hello Vim users,

      We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
      don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
      Vim 7.4!

      The top five of the voting list:
      http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php

      1. add IDE features
      2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
      3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
      4. improve syntax highlighting speed
      5. add collaborative editing

      I can't possibly do all of that in a few weeks, but this is what I can do:

      1. Include the Python patches that ZyX has created. This improves the
      Vim API from the Python interface.
      2. Include the fast regexp engine patch that has been floating around
      for a long time. With some clever logic to fall back to the old
      regexp engine for patterns that might not work with the new one.
      3. Include lots of pending patches for bug fixes.

      Besides that, if you are maintaining runtime files, please send me any
      pending updates. I will not make big changes just before the release,
      everything needs some time for testing. Let's set a deadline at the end
      of May.

      I don't have a date set for the release. I'll include the mentioned
      changes and then we need some time for testing until it looks stable.
      And hopefully we don't go past 999 before that...

      --
      E M A C S
      s e l o h

      Message 57 of 57 , May 23, 2013
        Thomas Köhler wrote:

        > Hello Bram, hello Ron,
        >
        > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Hello Vim users,
        > [...]
        > > Besides that, if you are maintaining runtime files, please send me any
        > > pending updates. I will not make big changes just before the release,
        > > everything needs some time for testing. Let's set a deadline at the end
        > > of May.
        >
        > Attached, you can find a new version of prolog.vim (syntax
        > highlightning for prolog) and koehler.vim (my colorscheme). The
        > former fixes a bug in prologClauseHead higlightning, the later
        > now supports the Underline and Ignore groups.

        Thanks, I'll include them.

        --
        DENNIS: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
        watery tart threw a sword at you!