Please include the breakindent patch in vim.

  • Rafael Vega
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2013
      Hi, I've been a user of vim for a couple of years and this is my first post here.

      I recently patched vim 7.3.682 with the breakindent patch[1] and I think it's great! Is there any reason this has not been merged into vim? I think it's great feature and I would love to see it as a standard feature of vim (or as a plugin, but I don't know if that's feasible).

      Thanks for vim!

      [1] https://retracile.net/wiki/VimBreakIndent

      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2013
        Rafael -

        > Hi, I've been a user of vim for a couple of years and this is my first
        > post here.
        >
        > I recently patched vim 7.3.682 with the breakindent patch[1] and I
        > think it's great! Is there any reason this has not been merged into
        > vim? I think it's great feature and I would love to see it as a
        > standard feature of vim (or as a plugin, but I don't know if that's
        > feasible).
        >
        > Thanks for vim!
        >
        > [1] https://retracile.net/wiki/VimBreakIndent

        It's in the todo list. Unfortunately that list is very long...

        - Bram

        266. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.