Re: c_no_curly_error doesn't seem to work with nested braces

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 11:11 PM
      On 30/04/13 03:23, William Budd wrote:
      >> Hi! The following example contains a valid C99 (and C11) compound literal:
      >>
      >> post(
      >> letter,
      >> &(struct envelope){
      >> .stamp = {
      >> .value = ONE_CENT,
      >> .pic = RAT
      >> },
      >> .address = &address
      >> }
      >> );
      >>
      >> Yet even after setting "let c_no_curly_error = 1", the last closing
      >> parenthesis remains highlighted in red as if it were an error.
      >>
      >> However, if I remove the ".stamp = { ... }" struct member, the
      >> highlight disappears, so it seems to me that c_no_curly_error can only
      >> ignore un-nested pairs of braces within any given pair of parentheses.
      >>
      >> Can this be fixed and/or is there a workaround? I wouldn't mind
      >> disabling parentheses-related error checking all together, should that
      >> be what it takes.
      >
      > Sending this to vim-dev since I got no reply on the vim user list, and
      > because I guess it's fair to call the above a bug (vim 7.3.875).
      >
      > I considered sending a patch of syntax/c.vim, but given that file's
      > complexity, chances are I'd end up breaking something without even
      > noticing. Would be happy if a dev could take a look.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Will

      syntax/c.vim is by Bram Moolenaar, and AFAIK he reads both vim_use and
      vim_dev; but he has a full-time job (well, minus one day per week by
      which Google sponsorizes Vim), and I think he is quite busy, even when
      he isn't visiting the Kibaale project in Uganda.

      If an S and an I and an O and a U
      With an X at the end spell Su;
      And an E and a Y and an E spell I,
      Pray what is a speller to do?
      Then, if also an S and an I and a G
      And an HED spell side,
      There's nothing much left for a speller to do
      But to go commit siouxeyesighed.
      -- Charles Follen Adams, "An Orthographic Lament"