Re: fix typos in error messages and comments

  • Ingo Karkat
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
      On 29-Apr-2013 13:10 +0200, Ken Takata wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > [3 sentences deleted]
      >
      > I used the spell checking feature in Vim to find these typos.
      > It was very useful but I think it's more useful if misspelled words
      > are listed using the quickfix window.
      >
      > [...]

      Thanks for taking care of these minor, yet annoying things. FYI, my
      SpellCheck plugin (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3844)
      can show all spelling errors as a quickfix list; I had the same idea as
      you did.

      -- regards, ingo

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
        Ken Takata wrote:

        > I found many typos in error messages and comments.
        > Attached patches fix them. I hope I didn't make another typo.
        >
        > I used the spell checking feature in Vim to find these typos.
        > It was very useful but I think it's more useful if misspelled words
        > are listed using the quickfix window.
        >
        > Additionally, there are still some mistakes, but I'm not sure
        > what is correct:
        >
        > buffer.c (1271): vv
        > if_cscope.c (1196): matchesp
        > misc2.c (2910,2937): fancynest (mistake of fanciness?)
        > gui_mac.c (6219): une
        >
        > ex_docmd.c (1096): dont (Is it better changing to "don't"?)
        > hardcopy.c (2189): dont
        > memline.c (3144): dont
        > os_msdos.c (1748): dont
        > memfile.c (631): Dont

        Thanks, I'll add it to the todo list.

        249. You've forgotten what the outside looks like.