[patch] fix typos in error messages and comments

  • Ken Takata
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
      Hi,

      I found many typos in error messages and comments.
      Attached patches fix them. I hope I didn't make another typo.

      I used the spell checking feature in Vim to find these typos.
      It was very useful but I think it's more useful if misspelled words
      are listed using the quickfix window.

      Additionally, there are still some mistakes, but I'm not sure
      what is correct:

      buffer.c (1271): vv
      if_cscope.c (1196): matchesp
      misc2.c (2910,2937): fancynest (mistake of fanciness?)
      gui_mac.c (6219): une

      ex_docmd.c (1096): dont (Is it better changing to "don't"?)
      hardcopy.c (2189): dont
      memline.c (3144): dont
      os_msdos.c (1748): dont
      memfile.c (631): Dont

      Best regards,
      Ken Takata

    • Ingo Karkat
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
        On 29-Apr-2013 13:10 +0200, Ken Takata wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > [3 sentences deleted]
        >
        > I used the spell checking feature in Vim to find these typos.
        > It was very useful but I think it's more useful if misspelled words
        > are listed using the quickfix window.
        >
        > [...]

        Thanks for taking care of these minor, yet annoying things. FYI, my
        SpellCheck plugin (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3844)
        can show all spelling errors as a quickfix list; I had the same idea as
        you did.

        -- regards, ingo

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
          Ken Takata wrote:

          > I found many typos in error messages and comments.
          > Attached patches fix them. I hope I didn't make another typo.
          >
          > I used the spell checking feature in Vim to find these typos.
          > It was very useful but I think it's more useful if misspelled words
          > are listed using the quickfix window.
          >
          > Additionally, there are still some mistakes, but I'm not sure
          > what is correct:
          >
          > buffer.c (1271): vv
          > if_cscope.c (1196): matchesp
          > misc2.c (2910,2937): fancynest (mistake of fanciness?)
          > gui_mac.c (6219): une
          >
          > ex_docmd.c (1096): dont (Is it better changing to "don't"?)
          > hardcopy.c (2189): dont
          > memline.c (3144): dont
          > os_msdos.c (1748): dont
          > memfile.c (631): Dont

          Thanks, I'll add it to the todo list.

          249. You've forgotten what the outside looks like.