Re: What does mch mean?

  • glts
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2013
      Seulgi,

      On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Seulgi Kim <sgkim126@...> wrote:
      > Hi, everyone.
      > I've started to see the source today, and I have a question about the naming.
      > What does "mch" mean?
      > A lot of function has "mch" in name, but I cannot find no clue.
      >
      > What does it mean?
      > Is there a documents to explain abbreviation or rule used in the vim?

      After browsing around in the code for a few minutes I would hazard it
      means "machine-dependent".

      Two things I used to find this information: (1) a combination of the
      commands "*" and ":vimgrep // *.[ch]", and especially (2) the command
      "g CTRL-]".

      :h *
      :h :vim
      :h g_CTRL-]

      Best,
      David

    • Charles
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2013
        On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 1:23 AM, Seulgi Kim <sgkim126@...> wrote:
        Hi, everyone.
        I've started to see the source today, and I have a question about the naming.
        What does "mch" mean?
         A lot of function has "mch" in name, but I cannot find no clue.

        In ui.c

        /*
         * ui.c: functions that handle the user interface.
         * 1. Keyboard input stuff, and a bit of windowing stuff.  These are called
         *    before the machine specific stuff (mch_*) so that we can call the GUI
         *    stuff instead if the GUI is running.
         * 2. Clipboard stuff.
         * 3. Input buffer stuff.
         */