Re: Weird:: substitute by using register with combinations

  • William Fugh
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 25, 2013

      Any official patch for this problem now?  Vim-7.3.918 couldn't work.

      On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM, John Little <John.B.Little@...> wrote:
      Yes, with one, but the test would not have found the problem (with more than one combining char) that you fixed with the second patch. I just meant to suggest that the test have such a character. If someone could find a character with more, that would be interesting, though the test might then interact with the 'maxcombine' option.

      Regards, John Little

      On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM, John Little <John.B.Little@...> wrote:
      Yes, with one, but the test would not have found the problem (with more than one combining char) that you fixed with the second patch. I just meant to suggest that the test have such a character. If someone could find a character with more, that would be interesting, though the test might then interact with the 'maxcombine' option.

      Regards, John Little

    • glts
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013
        On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM, John Little <John.B.Little@...> wrote:
        > Yes, with one, but the test would not have found the problem (with more than one combining char) that you fixed with the second patch. I just meant to suggest that the test have such a character. If someone could find a character with more, that would be interesting, though the test might then interact with the 'maxcombine' option.

        For better test coverage, I added two more characters to the test, with
        two and three combining characters, respectively (real examples).

        I didn't study the patch, though.