Re: Issue 131 in vim: Wrong phrasing in runtime/tutor/tutor

  • vim@...
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 25, 2013
      Comment #1 on issue 131 by Go.Zu...@...: Wrong phrasing in
      runtime/tutor/tutor

      I think that:
      to substitute 'new' for 'old' is equivalent with: to replace old with new

      issue notifications to this address.

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 26, 2013
        On Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:21:41 PM UTC-5, v...@... wrote:
        > Comment #1 on issue 131 by Go.Zu...@...: Wrong phrasing in
        >
        > runtime/tutor/tutor
        >
        > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=131
        >

        > I think that:
        >
        > to substitute 'new' for 'old' is equivalent with: to replace old with new

        It is, but it's a less commonly used phrasing, so it is confusing to some.

        I see the meaning but the OP reversed the meaning.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30 1:23 PM
          Updates:

          Comment #2 on issue 131 by chrisbr...@...: Wrong phrasing in
          runtime/tutor/tutor