Re: Command line completion doesn't use . and ,, in path: Bug?

  • Suresh Govindachar
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 21, 2013
      On 4/18/2013 7:50 AM, Nazri Ramliy wrote:
      > Here's another attempt. This time we check if the expanded path ends
      > with a path separator then we replace it with forward slash, and we do
      > this only on windows/msdos.
      >
      > Updated patch attached.

      I tried the patch to src/misc1.c (but not the patches for the automated test) and it appears to have fixed the issue. To recap the issue, here are the steps to test the issue manually:

      On windows:
      cd <to some_place>
      mkdir -p foo/opt/vim
      touch foo.txt
      touch foo/foo.txt
      touch foo/food.txt
      touch foo/opt/vim/finger.txt
      touch foo/opt/vim/fish.txt

      start gvim -u NONE -U NONE
      Commands inside gvim:

      :pwd
      "preceding will show <some_place>

      :set cp wildchar=<Tab> wildmode=list:longest,full

      "leave 'path' at default value of ".,,"

      :find foo\opt\vim\fish.txt

      " all of the above is set-up; now for the test

      :find foo<hit the tab key>

      Without the patch, hitting the tab key does nothing. With the patch,
      hitting the tab key will find foo.txt and foo\

      --Suresh