Re: gVim's internal borders

  • veegee@...
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 18, 2013
      On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:18:22 PM UTC-4, aschneiderg wrote:
      > Hey there.
      >
      > Are your builds available online ? I would like to check them out.
      >
      > All the best.

      Uploaded for you guys. Couldn't find any 64-bit builds myself, might as well save everyone else the trouble. It's also quite a nuisance to build vim (let alone *anything*) on winbloze. Also, I tested build using VS2012 AND VS2010. VS2012 seems to be causing problems with the border, and several other problems including crashes, freezes, missing cursor, etc. VS2010 is building a working executable as expected.

      Note, this is a 64-bit build, compiled with 64-bit Python33 and Python27 dynamic lib support.

      Let me know if it gives you any problems.

      Download: http://solar-blogg.blogspot.ca/2013/04/vim-windows-64-bit-build.html

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 19, 2013
        On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:40:48 PM UTC-5, vee...@... wrote:
        > On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:18:22 PM UTC-4, aschneiderg wrote:
        > > Hey there.
        > >
        > > Are your builds available online ? I would like to check them out.
        > >
        > > All the best.
        >
        > Uploaded for you guys. Couldn't find any 64-bit builds myself, might as well save everyone else the trouble. It's also quite a nuisance to build vim (let alone *anything*) on winbloze.

        I haven't tried building 64-bit, maybe that's different.

        But building Vim with MinGW on Windows is easier than Linux. You just download the source, install MinGW, and build. No dependencies to worry about.