Re: gVim's internal borders

  • aschneiderg
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 18, 2013
      On Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:52:30 PM UTC-5, vee...@... wrote:
      > On Monday, October 15, 2012 3:43:30 AM UTC-4, aschneiderg wrote:
      > > I understand they may result useful in some situations but I found them annoying.
      > >
      > > Replacing WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE with WS_EX_LEFT in gui_w32.c did the trick for the top and left ones, but the bottom one is still there and the right one appears when guifont is set.(image)
      > >
      > > I have no experience in Vim's source yet. Any hints on how this internal borders (which seem to be somehow the same in GTK builds too) are generated ?
      > >
      > > My best regards.
      >
      > I only noticed this problem when I compiled my own Vim on Windows 8.
      >
      > Solved by running in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

      Hey there.

      Are your builds available online ? I would like to check them out.

      All the best.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 18, 2013
        On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:18:22 PM UTC-4, aschneiderg wrote:
        > Hey there.
        >
        > Are your builds available online ? I would like to check them out.
        >
        > All the best.

        Uploaded for you guys. Couldn't find any 64-bit builds myself, might as well save everyone else the trouble. It's also quite a nuisance to build vim (let alone *anything*) on winbloze. Also, I tested build using VS2012 AND VS2010. VS2012 seems to be causing problems with the border, and several other problems including crashes, freezes, missing cursor, etc. VS2010 is building a working executable as expected.

        Note, this is a 64-bit build, compiled with 64-bit Python33 and Python27 dynamic lib support.

        Let me know if it gives you any problems.

        Download: http://solar-blogg.blogspot.ca/2013/04/vim-windows-64-bit-build.html

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 19, 2013
          On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:40:48 PM UTC-5, vee...@... wrote:
          > On Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:18:22 PM UTC-4, aschneiderg wrote:
          > > Hey there.
          > >
          > > Are your builds available online ? I would like to check them out.
          > >
          > > All the best.
          >
          > Uploaded for you guys. Couldn't find any 64-bit builds myself, might as well save everyone else the trouble. It's also quite a nuisance to build vim (let alone *anything*) on winbloze.

          I haven't tried building 64-bit, maybe that's different.

          But building Vim with MinGW on Windows is easier than Linux. You just download the source, install MinGW, and build. No dependencies to worry about.