Re: SEGV when editing Vim script variables in if_lua

  • mattn
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 10 5:33 PM
      > Did you every run with Lua under valgrind?

      Not yet. Lua works with incremental GC. Some objects which is set undef but not freed remains on memory, i guess.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12 2:42 AM
        Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

        > > Did you every run with Lua under valgrind?
        >
        > Not yet. Lua works with incremental GC. Some objects which is set
        > undef but not freed remains on memory, i guess.

        Is there a call to the Lua library to have it clean up and free all
        memory? It should be called in lua_end() when EXITFREE is defined.

        --
        We are the Borg of GNU GPL. We will assimilate your source code.
        Resistance is futile.

      • Yukihiro Nakadaira
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 12 8:49 AM
          On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 6:07 AM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

          Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

          > lua is managing vim objects in cache table to release with finalizer.
          > So it doesn't need to call something in luaV_dict_gc/luaV_list_gc to
          > undef vim objects. it makes double free.

          Thanks for the quick response!

          I have a note in the todo list that test 85, when run with valgrind,
          finds memory leaks in Lua.  Did you every run with Lua under valgrind?

          I found a few memory leaks in if_lua.c.
          Please check the attached patch.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 12 9:18 AM
            Yukihiro Nakadaira wrote:

            > > I have a note in the todo list that test 85, when run with valgrind,
            > > finds memory leaks in Lua. Did you every run with Lua under valgrind?
            > >

            > I found a few memory leaks in if_lua.c.
            > Please check the attached patch.

            Great, thanks.

            158. You get a tuner card so you can watch TV while surfing.