Re: using DirectX/DirectWrite for rendering text.

  • KF Leong
    Message 1 of 58 , Apr 1, 2013
      > Please verify your installed font files: Consolas and NSimSun.
      > Check those hashes between OK and NG machine, or some method.

      The hashes matched on both machines...

      KF

    • Peter Prohaska
      Message 58 of 58 , Aug 20, 2013
        Pasting text produces inconstisten screen state. Looks like a mixture of
        monospaced and proportional font. Resetting rop to empty fixes the
        problem--and reintroduces the missing char glyphs.

        Attached is screenshot with the lines showing
        1) state right after paste (cursor was aligned above the 2nd-row tsu
        2) state after moving one character to the left ("h")
        3) state after moving left till column 1 ("hhh")

        Yank and paste, scroll off screen and back in, all produce state (1).
        Selections mark the full width as in state (3). Moving the cursor over a
        position triggers the update as seen in state (2).

        Test settings:
        rop=type:directx
        guifont=DejaVu_Sans_Mono:h10:cANSI

        Test Build: VC10; Win8; nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes DIRECTX=yes

        Aside:
        It should definitely make it into vim.

        Skimmed through the code. Don't know much about the specific job. Looks
        solid enough. Patch currelty produces a rejected hunk against hg due to the
        addition of 'regexpengine' option.

        My user experience: Try a few dozen fonts, find a hadfull that works
        acceptable. Pre patch: rest is unusable. Post patch: rest works good or
        great. Editing terminological datasets often, i hearty recommend this
        pain-killer (or a different OS).

        Regards,
        Peter.