Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: using DirectX/DirectWrite for rendering text.

Expand Messages
  • KF Leong
    ... I ve tried the gvim-dw32.exe binary and the problem still exhibits. I tried on another machine with mine and your binary, it does not exhibit the problem.
    Message 1 of 58 , Mar 31, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      On Apr 1, 9:11 am, Taro MURAOKA <koron.kaor...@...> wrote:
      >
      > To understand cause of your report, please try the binary which I
      > have compiled.
      >
      > http://files.kaoriya.net/var/vim73-kaoriya-dw96e-20130401.zip

      I've tried the gvim-dw32.exe binary and the problem still exhibits. I
      tried on another machine with mine and your binary, it does not
      exhibit the problem. Hmm...

      I've started gvim with noplugin option and the following _vimrc:

      set nocompatible
      set encoding=utf8
      set cursorline
      set guifont=Consolas:h11
      set guifontwide=NSimSun:h11

      > gvim -n --noplugin

      What other information you'd require for you to diagnose?

      HTH,
      KF

      --
      --
      You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      ---
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    • Peter Prohaska
      Pasting text produces inconstisten screen state. Looks like a mixture of monospaced and proportional font. Resetting rop to empty fixes the problem--and
      Message 58 of 58 , Aug 20, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        Pasting text produces inconstisten screen state. Looks like a mixture of
        monospaced and proportional font. Resetting rop to empty fixes the
        problem--and reintroduces the missing char glyphs.

        Attached is screenshot with the lines showing
        1) state right after paste (cursor was aligned above the 2nd-row tsu
        2) state after moving one character to the left ("h")
        3) state after moving left till column 1 ("hhh")

        Yank and paste, scroll off screen and back in, all produce state (1).
        Selections mark the full width as in state (3). Moving the cursor over a
        position triggers the update as seen in state (2).

        Test settings:
        rop=type:directx
        guifont=DejaVu_Sans_Mono:h10:cANSI

        Test Build: VC10; Win8; nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes DIRECTX=yes


        Aside:
        It should definitely make it into vim.

        Skimmed through the code. Don't know much about the specific job. Looks
        solid enough. Patch currelty produces a rejected hunk against hg due to the
        addition of 'regexpengine' option.

        My user experience: Try a few dozen fonts, find a hadfull that works
        acceptable. Pre patch: rest is unusable. Post patch: rest works good or
        great. Editing terminological datasets often, i hearty recommend this
        pain-killer (or a different OS).

        Regards,
        Peter.

        --
        --
        You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

        ---
        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.