Re: using DirectX/DirectWrite for rendering text.

  • KF Leong
    Message 1 of 58 , Mar 30 1:12 AM
      On Mar 30, 2:49 pm, Taro MURAOKA <koron.kaor...@...> wrote:
      > > I have one questions:

      > Which a patch did you use? patch-direct_write-r3d.diff?

      Yes. FYI running Windows 7 x86, with NVidia graphics card.

      > Addtion:
      >
      > Please tell me your settings (result of ":set").

      Here it is:

      <<<<<
      --- Options ---
      autoindent expandtab laststatus=2
      showmatch
      background=dark foldmethod=marker nrformats=hex
      smartcase
      cindent guioptions=egmrLt ruler smarttab
      confirm helplang=En scroll=11
      splitright
      cursorline hidden scrolloff=3
      tabstop=3
      diffexpr=MyDiff() history=50 shellslash wildmenu
      encoding=utf-8 incsearch shiftwidth=3 nowrap
      backspace=indent,eol,start
      cinoptions=:0,(0,u0
      completeopt=menu,longest
      cpoptions=aABceFsI
      directory=.,~\AppData\Local\Temp
      fileencodings=ucs-bom,utf-8,default,latin1
      formatoptions=tcqj
      grepprg=grep -nH $*
      guifont=Consolas:h11
      guifontwide=NSimSun:h11
      omnifunc=syntaxcomplete#Complete
      pastetoggle=<C-F5>
      runtimepath=~/vimfiles,~\vimfiles\bundle\Align,~\vimfiles\bundle
      \Tabular,~\vimfiles\bundle\zencoding-vim,~\vimfiles\bundle\ZoomWin,~
      \vimfiles\bundle\neocomplcache,~\vimfiles\bundle\nerdcommenter,~
      \vimfiles\bundle\taglist,~\vimfiles\bundle\unicode,~\vimfiles\bundle
      \vim-repeat,~\vimfiles\bundle\vim-surround,~\vimfiles\bundle\vim-
      unimpaired,~\vimfiles\bundle\yankring,C:\Program Files\vim/vimfiles,C:
      \Program Files\vim\vim73,C:\Program Files\vim/vimfiles/after,~\vimfiles
      \bundle\Tabular\after,~/vimfiles/after
      sessionoptions=blank,buffers,curdir,folds,help,tabpages,winsize
      statusline=%<%f %h%m%r%y%=%n|%-14.(%l,%c%V%) %P
      whichwrap=b,s,<,>,[,]
      <<<<<

      HTH
      KF

    • Peter Prohaska
      Message 58 of 58 , Aug 20, 2013
        Pasting text produces inconstisten screen state. Looks like a mixture of
        monospaced and proportional font. Resetting rop to empty fixes the
        problem--and reintroduces the missing char glyphs.

        Attached is screenshot with the lines showing
        1) state right after paste (cursor was aligned above the 2nd-row tsu
        2) state after moving one character to the left ("h")
        3) state after moving left till column 1 ("hhh")

        Yank and paste, scroll off screen and back in, all produce state (1).
        Selections mark the full width as in state (3). Moving the cursor over a
        position triggers the update as seen in state (2).

        Test settings:
        rop=type:directx
        guifont=DejaVu_Sans_Mono:h10:cANSI

        Test Build: VC10; Win8; nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes DIRECTX=yes

        Aside:
        It should definitely make it into vim.

        Skimmed through the code. Don't know much about the specific job. Looks
        solid enough. Patch currelty produces a rejected hunk against hg due to the
        addition of 'regexpengine' option.

        My user experience: Try a few dozen fonts, find a hadfull that works
        acceptable. Pre patch: rest is unusable. Post patch: rest works good or
        great. Editing terminological datasets often, i hearty recommend this
        pain-killer (or a different OS).

        Regards,
        Peter.