Re: using DirectX/DirectWrite for rendering text.

  • Taro MURAOKA
    Message 1 of 58 , Mar 29 5:55 AM
      I updated the patch which attached. I have changed these:

      * Add document which describe enum values.
      * Rename "mode" to "renmode".
      * Add "taamode" for text antialising mode.

      > there needs to be a call to SetTextAntialiasMode() to specify if
      > grayscale or ClearType anti-aliasing should be done.

      I have implemented this. But I don't know is it correct or not. If it
      is not work as you expected, please check and fix source code and send a
      patch.

      > To avoid confusion how about renaming the mode option as geom (since
      > it relates to geometry of rgb components of a pixel) and geom as
      > positioning as it affects character layout.

      I think we should not use a word "positioning" because Microsoft does
      not used.

      > It may be useful to document at least the modes.

      Indeed. I have wrote enumeration keywords that help users be able to
      learn with Microsoft's document, instead of writing detail descriptions
      which are arranged by us.

      Best.

    • Peter Prohaska
      Message 58 of 58 , Aug 20, 2013
        Pasting text produces inconstisten screen state. Looks like a mixture of
        monospaced and proportional font. Resetting rop to empty fixes the
        problem--and reintroduces the missing char glyphs.

        Attached is screenshot with the lines showing
        1) state right after paste (cursor was aligned above the 2nd-row tsu
        2) state after moving one character to the left ("h")
        3) state after moving left till column 1 ("hhh")

        Yank and paste, scroll off screen and back in, all produce state (1).
        Selections mark the full width as in state (3). Moving the cursor over a
        position triggers the update as seen in state (2).

        Test settings:
        rop=type:directx
        guifont=DejaVu_Sans_Mono:h10:cANSI

        Test Build: VC10; Win8; nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes DIRECTX=yes

        Aside:
        It should definitely make it into vim.

        Skimmed through the code. Don't know much about the specific job. Looks
        solid enough. Patch currelty produces a rejected hunk against hg due to the
        addition of 'regexpengine' option.

        My user experience: Try a few dozen fonts, find a hadfull that works
        acceptable. Pre patch: rest is unusable. Post patch: rest works good or
        great. Editing terminological datasets often, i hearty recommend this
        pain-killer (or a different OS).

        Regards,
        Peter.