Re: Bug: Ex command after "motion force" cannot be aborted properly

  • glts
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 28, 2013
      Christian,

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > Ok, what do you think of this updated patch?

      You are of course correct.

      I now see that a motion given with an Ex command is exclusive by
      default, and "v" and "V" toggle inclusive/exclusive, and that is why
      eventually the character or the line under the cursor are deleted.

      I think your solution is fine, thanks a lot. I have attached a patch
      that avoids calling clearop() when it isn't necessary and avoids calling
      both clearop() and clearopbeep(), it's just a little bit more verbose.

    • glts
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 28, 2013
        Sorry for being spammy:

        On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM, glts <676c7473@...> wrote:
        > On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        >> Ok, what do you think of this updated patch?
        >
        > I think your solution is fine, thanks a lot. I have attached a patch
        > that avoids calling clearop() when it isn't necessary and avoids calling
        > both clearop() and clearopbeep(), it's just a little bit more verbose.

        Nonsense. The patch avoids
        a) calling clearop() when it isn't necessary and
        b) *not beeping* when did_emsg == TRUE and cmd_result == FAIL