VIM: fopen and fclose hooks?

  • Christopher Jay Manders
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2013
      Let me explain a bit more...

      What I am trying to do is to make vim into an *special file* editing program with revision control.

      I have added several elements, which if I can complete I will provide a diff patch for, that are working fine.

      At this stage I am trying to complete an integration with RCS.

      Yes, I know about the scripted add-on...but that is not without issues that will not exist if things are built into the actual binary.

      I have the routine that checks out the target file working fine.

      Now I need a hook to check the file in when it is fclosed.

      I see potential in the main.c loop in or near the exit fn, but would like to know where it is recommended to place such hooks.

      Thanks!
      Christopher