Re: Issue 119 in vim: Euro sign on win32

  • Zulox4
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
      On Monday, March 25, 2013 4:19:17 PM UTC+1, v...@... wrote:
      > Comment #2 on issue 119 by fritzoph...@...: Euro sign on win32
      >
      > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=119
      >

      > I also could not reproduce in gvim 7.3.822 on Windows 7, I get '€' or 'e'
      >
      > depending on my encoding as before. I can try again later with the latest
      >
      > Vim. Possibly it was introduced somewhere between 822 and 854 but as far as
      >
      > I can tell it hasn't yet been reproduced.
      >

      > --

      > issue notifications to this address.
      >
      > You may adjust your notification preferences at:
      >
      > https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

      Hello,

      I tested on Vim 7.3.861, it's ok, and I found a way to display € char in windows console vim version:
      1. Need to change console font to Lucida console in "Command shell" properties.
      2. Before starting console Vim Change Active code page to 1253 with the command:
      c:\>chcp 1253
      3. Start Vim, and set with the Ex command encoding to utf8:
      :set encoding=utf8

      Now I have these options:
      --- Options ---
      autoindent hlsearch modified scroll=34 showmatch t_vb=
      encoding=utf-8 ignorecase number scrolloff=3 smartcase
      helplang=fr incsearch ruler shiftwidth=3 ttyfast
      backspace=indent,eol,start
      fileencodings=ucs-bom,utf-8,default,latin1

      Thanks a lot !
      Best regards !

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 26, 2013
        Comment #3 on issue 119 by Go.Zu...@...: Euro sign on win32

        Vim 7.3.861 - win32 console version - works in windows 7 64bits.
        Thanks a lot.

        issue notifications to this address.

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 27, 2013
          Updates: