Re: Issue 119 in vim: Euro sign on win32

  • vim@...
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 24, 2013
      Comment #1 on issue 119 by fritzoph...@...: Euro sign on win32

      I cannot reproduce. I get a Euro symbol in 7.3.646 on Windows Vista when
      encoding is set to UTF-8. When encoding is Latin1, I just get an 'e'
      character.

      issue notifications to this address.

    • Zulox4
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
        Hello,
        I compiled on win7-64, the win32 console vim 7.3.646, and I now it display ? char. With ga keystrokes and cursor on ? char, vim return:

        <?> 8364, Hex 20ac, Octal 20254

        that I think is good, the hex codes is like in digraph.txt doc file :

        € Eu 20AC 8364 EURO SIGN

        Best regards !

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
          Comment #2 on issue 119 by fritzoph...@...: Euro sign on win32

          I also could not reproduce in gvim 7.3.822 on Windows 7, I get '€' or 'e'
          depending on my encoding as before. I can try again later with the latest
          Vim. Possibly it was introduced somewhere between 822 and 854 but as far as
          I can tell it hasn't yet been reproduced.

          issue notifications to this address.

        • Stephen Lee
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
            "1 <C-k> >>> Ctrl-K key combination
            2 = >>> = key
            3 e >>> e key"

            I got a chinese character and not €

            "GREEK CAPITAL LETTER PI -> Π char, the <C-k>P*"

            I got GREEK CAPITAL LETTER PI -> Π char

            I use vim 7.3.796 on windows xp simplified chinese (codepage 936)

            I got both correct using gVim 7.3.796 on the same system.

            I would consider these the limitation of console. Under all MS Windows versions, console forces input to be some kind of encodings except utf-8, and if without parameter, output would be same as input, or unicode if having a parameter /U.

            So it would be better to use gVim instead to avoid the problem of console.

          • Zulox4
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
              On Monday, March 25, 2013 4:19:17 PM UTC+1, v...@... wrote:
              > Comment #2 on issue 119 by fritzoph...@...: Euro sign on win32
              >
              > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=119
              >

              > I also could not reproduce in gvim 7.3.822 on Windows 7, I get '€' or 'e'
              >
              > depending on my encoding as before. I can try again later with the latest
              >
              > Vim. Possibly it was introduced somewhere between 822 and 854 but as far as
              >
              > I can tell it hasn't yet been reproduced.
              >

              > --

              > issue notifications to this address.
              >
              > You may adjust your notification preferences at:
              >
              > https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

              Hello,

              I tested on Vim 7.3.861, it's ok, and I found a way to display € char in windows console vim version:
              1. Need to change console font to Lucida console in "Command shell" properties.
              2. Before starting console Vim Change Active code page to 1253 with the command:
              c:\>chcp 1253
              3. Start Vim, and set with the Ex command encoding to utf8:
              :set encoding=utf8

              Now I have these options:
              --- Options ---
              autoindent hlsearch modified scroll=34 showmatch t_vb=
              encoding=utf-8 ignorecase number scrolloff=3 smartcase
              helplang=fr incsearch ruler shiftwidth=3 ttyfast
              backspace=indent,eol,start
              fileencodings=ucs-bom,utf-8,default,latin1

              Thanks a lot !
              Best regards !

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 26, 2013
                Comment #3 on issue 119 by Go.Zu...@...: Euro sign on win32

                Vim 7.3.861 - win32 console version - works in windows 7 64bits.
                Thanks a lot.

                issue notifications to this address.

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 27, 2013
                  Updates: