Re: Patch 7.3.859

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 20, 2013
      Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > Hi Bram!
      >
      > On Mi, 13 Mär 2013, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >

      > > Patch 7.3.859
      > > Problem: 'ambiwidth' must be set by the user.
      > > Solution: Detects East Asian ambiguous width (UAX #11) state of the terminal
      > > at the start-up time and 'ambiwidth' accordingly. (Hayaki Saito)
      > > Files: src/main.c, src/option.c, src/term.c, src/term.h,
      > > src/proto/term.pro
      >
      > There is another problem with this patch:
      >
      > term.c: In function 'check_termcode':
      > term.c:4137:13: warning: declaration of 'p' shadows a previous local [-Wshadow]
      > term.c:3875:13: warning: shadowed declaration is here [-Wshadow]

      Thanks! Somehow my compiler didn't complain.

      --
      From "know your smileys":
      :~) A man with a tape recorder up his nose

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 21, 2013
        On 20/03/13 21:23, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        [...]
        > Anyway, if you do find a way to keep the intro message, that's nice.

        I'm attaching a small global plugin which I wrote in 2009 for just that
        purpose. Its name intentionally starts with zz in the hope that it will
        run last; for that same reason it should be dropped in your user's
        after-plugin directory: ~/.vim/after/plugin/ on *x, or
        ~/vimfiles/after/plugin/ on M$W.

        I've tried to make that plugin as general as I could, and compatible
        even with obsolete or feature-poor versions of Vim (e.g., if used in a
        version so old that the :intro command wasn't even defined, it should
        just do nothing.) I don't guarantee that it is perfect. If you can make
        it better, go ahead.

        A remarkable race are the Persians;
        They have such peculiar diversions.
        They make love the whole day
        In the usual way
        And save up the nights for perversions.

      • Hayaki Saito
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 24, 2013
          Hi, Bram

          > Do we also need this when setting crv_status to CRV_GOT?

          I guess it is necessary to do so.
          In my environment, did_cursorhold was FALSE when setting crv_status to CRV_GOT.

          Regards,
          Hayaki Saito