Re: Patch 7.3.872

  • h_east
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 20, 2013
      Hi Bram,

      2013/3/20(Wed) 0:49:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
      > Patch 7.3.872
      >
      > Problem: On some systems case of file names is always ignored, on others
      >
      > never.
      >
      > Solution: Add the 'fileignorecase' option to control this at runtime.
      >
      > Implies 'wildignorecase'.
      >
      > Files: src/buffer.c, src/edit.c, src/ex_cmds2.c, src/ex_getln.c,
      >
      > src/fileio.c, src/misc1.c, src/misc2.c, src/option.c,
      >
      > src/option.h, src/vim.h, runtime/doc/options.txt

      When 'set fic' on linux, file name completion order is strange.
      It's different for both case-sensitive and case-insensitive.

      How to reproduce (on fedora17)
      $ mkdir test_fic
      $ cd !$
      $ touch I1.txt I2.txt J3.txt J4.txt i1.txt j3.txt
      (Necessary: same file name (without case-sensitive) exist.)
      $ vim -N -u NONE -i NONE --noplugin -c "set fic"
      input i<C-X><C-F>

      Actual result
      (popup menu list items)
      I1.txt
      I2.txt
      j3.txt
      J3.txt
      J4.txt
      i1.txt

      Expect result (like this)
      I1.txt
      i1.txt
      I2.txt
      j3.txt
      J3.txt
      J4.txt

      Patch attached. (Thanks for advice from Yukihiro Nakadaira)
      Please check.

      Best Regards,
      Hirohito Higashi

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20, 2013
        h_east wrote:

        > 2013/3/20(Wed) 0:49:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
        > > Patch 7.3.872
        > >
        > > Problem: On some systems case of file names is always ignored, on others
        > >
        > > never.
        > >
        > > Solution: Add the 'fileignorecase' option to control this at runtime.
        > >
        > > Implies 'wildignorecase'.
        > >
        > > Files: src/buffer.c, src/edit.c, src/ex_cmds2.c, src/ex_getln.c,
        > >
        > > src/fileio.c, src/misc1.c, src/misc2.c, src/option.c,
        > >
        > > src/option.h, src/vim.h, runtime/doc/options.txt
        >
        > When 'set fic' on linux, file name completion order is strange.
        > It's different for both case-sensitive and case-insensitive.
        >
        > How to reproduce (on fedora17)
        > $ mkdir test_fic
        > $ cd !$
        > $ touch I1.txt I2.txt J3.txt J4.txt i1.txt j3.txt
        > (Necessary: same file name (without case-sensitive) exist.)
        > $ vim -N -u NONE -i NONE --noplugin -c "set fic"
        > input i<C-X><C-F>
        >
        > Actual result
        > (popup menu list items)
        > I1.txt
        > I2.txt
        > j3.txt
        > J3.txt
        > J4.txt
        > i1.txt
        >
        > Expect result (like this)
        > I1.txt
        > i1.txt
        > I2.txt
        > j3.txt
        > J3.txt
        > J4.txt
        >
        > Patch attached. (Thanks for advice from Yukihiro Nakadaira)
        > Please check.

        Thanks, I'll look into it later.

        --
        From "know your smileys":
        y:-) Bad toupee

      • h_east
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 24, 2013
          Hi Bram,

          2013/3/21(Thu) 5:24:00 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
          > h_east wrote:
          > > 2013/3/20(Wed) 0:49:37 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
          > > > Patch 7.3.872
          > > >
          > > > Problem: On some systems case of file names is always ignored, on others
          > > >
          > > > never.
          > > >
          > > > Solution: Add the 'fileignorecase' option to control this at runtime.
          > > >
          > > > Implies 'wildignorecase'.
          > > >
          > > > Files: src/buffer.c, src/edit.c, src/ex_cmds2.c, src/ex_getln.c,
          > > >
          > > > src/fileio.c, src/misc1.c, src/misc2.c, src/option.c,
          > > >
          > > > src/option.h, src/vim.h, runtime/doc/options.txt
          > >
          > > When 'set fic' on linux, file name completion order is strange.
          > > It's different for both case-sensitive and case-insensitive.
          > >
          > > How to reproduce (on fedora17)
          > > $ mkdir test_fic
          > > $ cd !$
          > > $ touch I1.txt I2.txt J3.txt J4.txt i1.txt j3.txt
          > > (Necessary: same file name (without case-sensitive) exist.)
          Sorry, It's doubt.
          This condition was not necessary.

          I report again below.

          How to reproduce (on linux)
          $ mkdir test_fic
          $ cd !$
          $ touch i1.txt I2.txt J3.txt j4.txt

          $ vim -N -u NONE -i NONE --noplugin -c "set fic"
          input i<C-X><C-F>

          Actual result
          (popup menu list items)
          I2.txt